PDA

View Full Version : arms of love

daffodil
06-10-2005, 08:25 AM
I think my other thread died :D

And I was really hoping to hear your expectations of yourself on good days and bad days etc. Hope you have a moment to share.

ShangriLewis
06-10-2005, 08:48 AM
I want to guess for Crystal :laughtears

She expects to nurse then change diapers....
nurse then change diapers
make lunch

Sorry...I couldn't help myself.

ArmsOfLove
06-10-2005, 09:14 AM
:laughtears :laughtears :laughtears that about sums it up :P

And thanks for reposting--I missed this in the other thread :)

And this was kind of put on the side burners while I was pg and sick and then with the twins being preemie and all, but I'm starting to get back to it:

Great Days: Morning routine (getting ready, exercises, etc)
Wash Dishes
Straighten house
Homeschooling
Lunch
Free Time
Straighten house
Dinner
Bath and bed time

Okay Days: Morning routine
Wash Dishes
Straighten living room
Homeschooling
Lunch
Free time
Dinner
DH does bath and bed time

Stressed Days: Morning routine
Wash Dishes
Homeschooling
Lunch
Free time
Dinner

Horrible Days: Morning routine
Lunch
Dinner
Meet everyone's basic needs

I do try to do *something* for homeschooling every day but it's more like unschooling on horrible days. The kids are learning so I don't worry too much about it :)

daffodil
06-10-2005, 09:48 AM
finally :mrgreen

So... do you ever clean?

daffodil
06-10-2005, 10:06 AM
oops I guess that sounds mean? Thats not how I mean it at all though. I am actually in a really good mood! It just caught my eye that you "straighten" only even on really good days. So what does straighten mean to you? Do you just pick up or do you sweep or anything like that.

ArmsOfLove
06-10-2005, 10:23 AM
:laughtears What would you say if I said 'no'? ;)

Actually "straighten" usually includes whatever cleaning I have assigned for that day or what needs to be done. I've changed the routine over the years so it depends on what method I'm doing at the moment ;) On really bad days it means just trying to leave each room better than when I entered it (putting something away, returning something to it's place) but on average and above days it means one day I do the bathrooms, one day I sweep/vaccuum/mop, another day I try to dust, and most other things I do as I go about the day. The kitchen is the big "cleaning" for me and I do it unless it's a horrible day.

I also didn't put "breakfast" because I don't eat it and dh leaves early for work and puts it out for the kids--so they do get to eat :)

Maggie
06-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Thanks for sharing that, Crystal! That's really helpful to see, especially for someone who really doesn't have much of a routine at all in place. It's really nice to see examples! :)

daffodil
06-11-2005, 08:49 AM
thankyou for taking the time to share!