PDA

View Full Version : storing pocket dipes in diaper pail

mamatia
06-10-2005, 07:16 AM
this may be a silly question, but do you all store your pockets dipes all together or do you take out the insert before you throw it in? just something i have been wondering about. as of now, i just throw it in, but wondered if i should be taking hte insert out first. :shrug

kris10s
06-10-2005, 07:19 AM
I take out the insert first, so it's easier to throw everything in the washer later!

Larissa
06-10-2005, 08:35 AM
I do a little of both. Sometimes I take the insert out...and sometimes I leave it in. If I leave it in...it always comes out in the wash on it's own.

Moon
06-10-2005, 09:45 AM
I take the insert out or at least mostly out (easier to leave a couple inches in and fold it together if it's poopy to avoid getting my hands messy), then throw 'em in the pail.

wuzzie
06-11-2005, 07:15 AM
You aren't suposed to store PUL with other dipes and inserts. The ammonia makes it break down much quicker. Then they leak. You are also suposed to wahs them a bit more gently than dipes. So I say, take the inserts out and at least store them separately. Even if you aren't going to hand wash them like me. :P~

memory maker
06-13-2005, 06:00 AM
we always take ours out. I have also heard that if you leave them in it can cause smell buildup on the pul. Do you think that could be causing your stink issues?

BornFreeBaby
06-13-2005, 11:44 AM
So far I have been separating the dipes from the inserts. Sometimes now I will wash them seperately. I always dry the inserts in the dryer but hang up the fb's to dry. I read that it is recommended to hang dry the fb's.

BornFreeBaby
06-13-2005, 11:46 AM
One more thing- I bought a beautiful pink liner w/ the fb's. So now I don't have to reach in :sick the plastic bag to get the dipes out.
Now I just empty the whole thing w/ the liner into the washer.

Wow. I'm just having too much fun doing this! :laughtears

mamatia
06-13-2005, 12:51 PM
where did you get your liner?? i've been looking around for one, but i DEFINITELY have not found a pink one!!! believe me, if i had, it would be here RIGHT NOW!! :rockon :mrgreen

BornFreeBaby
06-13-2005, 01:25 PM
www.fuzzibunzstore.com

Maybe someone here could make one... but I like throwing away my money.. :P

4LovesMom
06-15-2005, 01:25 PM
I just ordered the same liner, but dh requested that I get white!!! (Not sure why - but white it will be!) Teri, I pm'd you about this! I liked that website a lot for ordering. Their prices were cheaper than where I ordered before AND had free shipping!