PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite cover and why?

cannuke
06-10-2005, 06:37 AM
I'm starting to collect diaper covers and I was wondering what to buy. We're using a diaper service for the first 2 months, but I'll still need to get diaper covers, as well as covers for later.

What are your favorite covers and why?

I've got 1 Bummis SWW (size S), one Kushies (size NB) and I've ordered 2 small and 2 medium ProCare covers from ChristineG (Sweet Bambino). What else will I need? I figured probably another 4 or so, but in what sizes and brands?

Thanks!

IslandMama
06-10-2005, 08:12 AM
I'm gonna try Wonderoos and Fuzzi Bunz (pocket diaper/cover) this time because I have a little extra money, but otherwise, my favorite is Bumkins... They hold poop really well and have a vent in the back that allows for air circulation. It also has a flap in the front to hold your prefold in place and to prevent wicking in the front. They can also be easily rinsed/washed in the sink and hung to dry between changes, so you don't need as many during the day. I think small goes up to 15 lbs. For night time (for when baby is over this pooping/waking every 2 hrs thing) is a fleece cover. I never have had leaks, allows for air circulation, and is so soft... I would try a bunch of different kinds to find what works best... Try buying gently used ones on Ebay or even here on GCM... :mrgreen

Larissa
06-10-2005, 08:32 AM
I only have the Bummis Super Whisper Wrap...and while I love the fit...they do tend to wick quite a bit...mostly around the legs. And I change my baby often....

I use pocket diapers as well. I have 3 fuzzibunz, 1 happy heiney and about 15 more that I made myself.

Lantern Light Mama
06-10-2005, 08:45 AM
I am an ecletic diaperer. I find a lot of things are more trial and error and to personal taste.

I started out with plastic pants and gerber prefolds for DS.
Then we threw out the plastic and got Bummi's which are great but do wick on occasion. I guess I will save them for the next one even though they are pretty worn.
Stacinators work great for DS but he doesn't have much of a butt so they can be tricky.

For the new baby I am trying wool covers, because they only have to be washed if they are pooped on or every two weeks, and are more breathable, but I also have a few Dappi's, and Gerber's on hand too, and even some wool covers I made myself. They aren't pretty but they are funtional!

I have heard some people who think Alexis Featherlites are all the rage, so I'd be willing to try one possibly.

But for easiness I say Bummi's because you can lay a prefold in them and not even pin them if you don't like pins.

Can you tell I am a fanatic of diapers and covers yet?

ShangriLewis
06-10-2005, 09:08 AM
I love my ME's. They cover great and don't wick. They have lasted through all 3 boys. They not only cover my ME's, but I can use the velcro covers on a prefold and not have to pin.

I love them and I have tried other ones.

I really wanted to like the Imse Vimse ones beause they are so cute. But, they wick. I (or when) I have another one I'm going to use some of that camping stuff to seal the trim on my newborn Imse Vimse's because the fit so well with an unpinned prefold and they are soooooooo cute! I like the way the velcro part stretches. They seem really soft.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/VeggieMum/GCM/bumpycover.jpg
Here are the one's I had for my newborn and the ones I had were wool.

I've used a wool cover as well on a little bit bigger than a newborn and I actually liked it. It's good for nightime with Escher's sensitive bottom.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/VeggieMum/GCM/aristocratcover.gif
This is the aristocrat that I used. It's full coverage. You would have to pin to use this.

BeckaBlue
06-10-2005, 01:16 PM
i love wool over a fitted for nighttime!

motherease airflow's too work awesome for day or night

cot'n'wraps were nice, any wrap was nice, lol! just fold a prefold, no pins needed!

4LovesMom
06-15-2005, 01:29 PM
Proraps for me!

Katydid
06-15-2005, 02:00 PM
I :heart Bummis pull-on pants (we use pre-folds and snappi's) They are very trim under clothes, we have rarely had a change-the-clothes blow-out with them, and we have never had a wicking problem. They also do not leave red marks like our SWW does. Also , they are fairly inexpensive. :tu Just don't get the ones with the printed fabric in the outside... those wick like crazy! :sad2