PDA

View Full Version : Sad.

thomer
06-10-2005, 05:24 AM
A rabbit ate all my freshly planted lettuce and broccoli. I should have known better, I see at least two a day around here. I guess I thought they might nibble once in a while, not totally demolish two rows of my beautiful garden. :(

Ok. I'm finished - just had to whine at someone.

:)

joyfulmomof2
06-10-2005, 11:04 AM
:( oh rabbits!!! i have heard in the past that if you get a haircut or something and take the hair and sprinkle it over the garden, the rabbits will not bother it. they will smell the human hair and be afraid. not sure if it works or not, but as a former hairstylist, several people would come into my salon on a regular basis and ask for hair for their gardens. HTH!

Close2MyHeart
06-13-2005, 05:40 AM
I totally understand. We have lots of bunnies here. The neighbor across the street raises them and just lets them run all over the neighborhood. :rolleyes The kids love them, but we had to build a fence because they munched my tomatoes plants. Bad bunnies...

Punkie
06-13-2005, 06:32 AM
That's why I haven't planted a garden here. We have at least 8 or 9 bunnies that live in our backyard. The kids love them, but they eat our grass and live in a dog house that the previous owners left here. I watch them eat my neighbors' gardens, since our house is above their houses, so I can see over their privacy fences :P So, I'm sure they'd gobble mine up in a heartbeat!

gamomof2
06-13-2005, 08:22 PM
My grandma's yard is full of bunnies, too! Last year they completely devoured her garden. They are so cute, but grrr! Anyway, this year she put a couple artificial snakes in her garden, and they have not touched it! A guy at the garden store gave her the tip. :grin