PDA

View Full Version : FB samples arrived!

GodChick
06-09-2005, 07:17 AM
Next step in my journey towards CDs!! :tu My FB sample arrived, and I washed and used it twice. Oooooh, I like it!! :tu Didn't leak, nice and soft, fit well, and actually kept moisture away from dd's skin better than the top-of-the-line sposies!! :clap :clap :clap (Even though I know it's good for potty learning if kiddos can feel the wetness, my dd's have a tendency toward labial adhesions and ped recommended making sure they are dry as possible as a prophylaxis, so the wicking away moisture is important to me.) I'm really impressed! I think I'm going to get some more. They are pricey, and I can't afford to totally make the switch yet, but I'm going to start phasing the cloth in and phasing the sposies out! :clap :clap :clap

I even like washing them, because i feel I'm doing something so loving for my little one. :heart

Thanks for introducing me to the joys of CD-ing, ladies! :iloveyou2

Soliloquy
06-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Fuzzi Bunz are awesome, aren't they? They're a good investment, too, because they can be used on future kids or sold on ebay.

To save $$, you could buy some used ones on Ebay. www.cottonbabies.com has free inserts, too.

DogwoodMama
06-09-2005, 03:33 PM
Yay! I'm glad you like them, they're great aren't they? :)

BornFreeBaby
06-09-2005, 09:56 PM
I even like washing them, because i feel I'm doing something so loving for my little one. :heart

This is how I feel too.
Iam also new at cding and the FB are a winner for me- They are so easy and I also think that the FB's keep her dryer than the sposies.
I am now using FB's full time- I just got my 2nd 12 pack today- I just love all the colors! I love hanging them up to dry!

I did order the tea tree oil this time around b/c I have a very sensitive nose (dh cant smell a thing on them)
It was a 380 dollar investment, but well worth it in my opinion.

Larissa
06-10-2005, 08:43 AM
They really are great! I have been making my own Fuzzibunz like diapers....and I have saved alot of money that way. You can make them for next to nothing! I have even night tested the ones that I made...and my ds can go 12 hours in it without leaking!

(AND...I had never sewn before in my life before I started making them!!) I made about 4-5 of them before I got one that worked well...but now I have gotten the hang of it...and I can make them rather quickly...and they all work great!!!
If you know how to sew...and can make them yourself....it's so much cheaper!

IslandMama
06-11-2005, 06:45 PM
They really are great! I have been making my own Fuzzibunz like diapers....and I have saved alot of money that way. You can make them for next to nothing! I have even night tested the ones that I made...and my ds can go 12 hours in it without leaking!
If you know how to sew...and can make them yourself....it's so much cheaper!

Larissa,
I'm thinking of doing this myself... Do you mind telling me what kind of elastic you use and how you sew it on? I've seen different methods, but don't want to have leaks. You can email directly if you want to. Thanks! :mrgreen