PDA

View Full Version : daily schedules? move if needed, mods!

joystrength
06-08-2005, 07:39 AM
Hello.
I've heard a lot lately on the board about daily schedules. While I know these need to be flexible, I'd love some concrete ideas from others. I saw Joanne mention this in several posts, and I know she is, sadly, dealing with family loss right now. Anyone else want to comment and list their schedule? I'll look forward to hearing from mamas, esp. those with smaller children. Mine are 3 1/2 and 19 mo.

TIA!

snlmama
06-08-2005, 08:14 AM
Honestly, the key to making a daily schedule work is looking at your needs and what order of things seems to work best and make things easy on you and for your family. :)

That said, I posted my kids summer schedule here:
http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=11953.0

Note that this is in young thinkers, so all the posts are about kids older than yours. :)

When mine were younger naps and eating seemed to be a bigger issue than they are now.

Ali
06-08-2005, 11:25 AM
I have one 21 month old and our days (M-F) look like this, give or take:

7:30 am wake up, breakfast, shower (me), watch Disney Channel
9:00 run errands or if no errands, go to mall/ park etc.
11:30 lunch
12:30 nap (DS), I get on the computer unless I have tons of housework :td
3:00 snack, play with mommy (lately we do puzzles, play basketball), sometimes we have more errands to run.
5:00 play in yard or go for a walk
6:00 start dinner
6:30 eat dinner
7:00 DS plays with Daddy and Mama cleans the kitchen
7:30 bath and bedtime
8:15 DS usually down for the night
The rest of the evening I finish chores, or relax :tu.

Weekends are crazier with DH home and us just doing different things on those days. Anyway, that's our basic day. As DS gets older, I want to start sort of home pre-schooling him, maybe for 30min-1hr in the morning :shrug.

That said, everyone's different and our days actually only go like that 75% of the time. If I had an older child who didn't nap, I'd probably use the younger's naptime to do an older kid activity. Anyway, have fun working out your routine and don't stress. I'm a scheduler by nature. If I didn't, I'd forget to feed DS lunch or something!

RealLifeMama
06-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Your kids are around the same as mine.
It is hard for me to look at other families schedules because they have kids of such different ages, or are HSing or only have one.
I would be interested in knowing what your day looks like.
Ours is sort of like this, as much as I can write in as normal:

8AM- I wake up
9-10 AM- Kids wake up
Breakfast
clean up breakfast
get dressed
free play
whatever
make dinner
whatever
Get ready for bed around 10
That is the extent of mine!
I would like a little more structure, LOL.

AngelBee
07-04-2005, 12:31 AM
Taking notes...

LauraK
07-05-2005, 08:25 AM
I have an 8 month old and a 2.5 year old...our general day revolves around my 2.5 year olds naps. I am still working on getting my 8 month old on a decent sleep schedule.

2.5 year old wakes up around 6:30 or 7 and dh gets up with her, gets her breakfast
after breakfast she watches a video (30 minutes)
I nurse 8 month old in bed and try to get a little extra sleep and we are up by 8
dh leaves for work
Me and 8 month old eat breakfast
Then we do errands or go somewhere for playtime, I try to include gross motor and outside play for my 2.5 year old and also try to get 8 month old to sleep in sling, stroller or car at somepoint if possible.
12 lunch
between 1:00 and 2:00ish naptime for 2.5 year old, once I get her down I work on getting 8 month old to sleep and keeping her asleep as long as possible, this consists of a lot of nursing, I read GCM while I nurse
3:00 or there abouts, up from naps 2.5 year old gets to watch another 30 minute video if she wants
then we have snack for 2.5 year old
then free play, outside in backyard if weather is cooperative
I try to get dinner prepped sometime in here...
often finish dinner when dh gets home
supper
playtime for 2.5 year old mostly with daddy while I nurse and cuddle 8 month old and clean up some if possible
we do different stuff in the evening
bedtime about 8:30 for 2.5 year old
I try to get 8 month old to sleep usually takes me up to an hour, dh does bedtime for 2.5 year old.

Works pretty well, our 2.5 year old is really on a good schedule. 8 month old has no good patterns I can find and is a bit overtired a lot but has trouble getting to sleep. I am trying to do Ncss with her but finding it almost impossible.