PDA

View Full Version : ISO Sweet Tea Recipe

Lady TS
06-07-2005, 09:53 AM
Quick! I'm having a sweet tea craving?
Anyone have a recipe for sweet tea a la Georgia or TX or one of them other southern states???

RealLifeMama
06-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Make tea.
Add 1 cup sugar per quart of water.

Lady TS
06-07-2005, 01:03 PM
LOL!

Ok!

gamomof2
06-07-2005, 01:50 PM
I boil water in a medium kettle, and then add 3 teabags (I use lipton) and let it steep for about 7-9 minutes. Pour it into a pitcher, and add 1.5 cups of sugar. Stir, and then fill the rest of the pitcher w/ water. Chill and serve over ice! :yum :yum

Punkie
06-07-2005, 01:52 PM
I don't drink tea, but I was a manager at Chick-fil-A for 4 years, so I made a lot of tea in my day :P We did just like everyone said above. I think the trick is not adding ice to cool it, but cooling it in the fridge. That way it doesn't water it down...

MagnoliaMommy
06-07-2005, 02:08 PM
I am from GA and love sweet tea. I put 5 Tetley teabags in my coffee pot (add water ;)) and brew. I turn the pot off after it is finished brewing and let it steep a while. I take a 1 gallon pitcher and add 2 cups of sugar, tea and fill with cold water.
If you don't want it too sweet (like my yankee dh) then cut the sugar down to 1 1/2 cup instead of two.
Enjoy! :)

Lantern Light Mama
06-08-2005, 12:16 PM
brb thunder. gotta bring diapers in real quick. Ok , I am too late, they are wet so I wont risk the lightening now.

Here is what I do. Make tea. ABout five tea bags in a pot of boiling water, no measuring. Pour into a picture. Add one and one half cup of sugar. Stir it in while it's hot so it melts. Then add water.

My grandmother used to make sun tea by letting five tea bags sit in a large gallon glass jar and put mint into it. Shed let it sit for an hour or two, and then remove the mint and tea bags and put about two cups of sugar in it. I have fond memories of staying with them at the cabin and drinking mint tea. :-)