PDA

View Full Version : photo albums

positivemom
06-06-2005, 08:50 PM
ok, ok, I am not one of those really creative moms who do the creative memories albums for each child....I wish I was but I am doing good to keep my photos developed and put into the little slip-in style albums......can anyone tell me what to do now because I am throwing in the towel on even getting mine into an album...can I just store them in some kind of container by the year or chronological or something like that.....i want to be able to make heads or tails out of them someday when I have more time (when this will be who knows) but for now I have no time to put them in albums...sooooo any ideas you creative homemakers???? positivemom

Mothering by Heart
06-06-2005, 09:05 PM
I have had to come to terms with the fact that I am never going to do a Creative Memories Album*sigh* I just bought photo organizers at Target, they are rectangular boxes with little dividers in them and they come with tabs to separate the pictures. I arranged them chronologically. Not very creative but that's fine with me :grin

snlmama
06-06-2005, 09:07 PM
I put really "important" or great photos in albums (not scrapbooks), but I keep all of our other photos in those photo boxes. you can get them at Target or almost anywhere. They usually come w/ dividers so you can label them. Dh refuses to let us throw away *any* photos so we have a lot and this is a good way for me to keep them put away. :) A lot of our newer photos are digital so I"m "filing" them on the computer and make backup disks. :smile

eta, posted at the same time as Mothering by Heart. I think we're talking about the same things. :)

Irene
06-06-2005, 09:57 PM
Im not really creative either with the whole creative memories thing, but I do like albums. so I just put them in acid free albums and write dates and stuff on them and maybe about the picture, but they are far from these creative albums you see. its enough that I will remember it years from now :)

positivemom
06-07-2005, 05:20 AM
off to target I go...hi ho hi ho ..its off to target I go!!!!!!!! :grin posititvemom

daffodil
06-07-2005, 08:33 PM
I started storing them on cd's for the same reason and can view them on my tv or computer. i got sic of albums getting wripped up by the kids.