PDA

View Full Version : In relapse

dayardie
06-06-2005, 07:42 PM
I was a vegetarian for 4 years until ZEGG was born. My blood count fell to less than 7 and I agreed to eat meat in exchange for not having a blood transfusion. (I made a deal with my husband) Now ZEGG is 13 months and I really want to go back to vegetarian lifestyle but my husband is an avid meat-eater. He visibly salivates at the thought of chicken cordon bleu or a philly steak sandwich. I feel bad to force him into a veggie lifestyle. I love cooking for him, but I can't cook meat and eat veggies. However, I feel like I'm being bad to my body by eating meat, especially red meat and nitrated foods. I also hate the idea of killing animals. :cry

Does anyone have any advice?

GrowingInGrace
06-07-2005, 09:48 AM
Would he be willing to cook the meat portions of his meals? That's what happened for the most part in my first marriage (ex had no intention of going veggie and I'd NEVER cooked meat).

It doesn't have to mean separate meals, just his kind of meat for him and your kind (meat analog, tofu, beans, whatever) for you.

dayardie
06-07-2005, 07:02 PM
I don't think he would mind cooking his own meat if i asked him to. I just feel bad about making him cook his own dinner, since I'm out all day and he only comes home for supper, but I guess that's not a veggie issue, that's a personal preference. Today I made him an omlet without meat (he would usually prefer bacon or ham in it). I know eggs aren't plant material, but I think it was a step in the right direction. Any other suggestionns?

GrowingInGrace
06-08-2005, 09:22 AM
well, if he's only cooking the meat it's not like he's having to cook it all. I don't think that's a terrible sacrifice, especially given that he's the one refusing change. Maybe he'll see it's more hassle than worth. :)

Desert Rose
06-08-2005, 10:42 PM
I've been a vegetarian for about 8 months now. I do still cook meat for dh; simply because I am the one who changed and I see it as my job to make dinner. :shrug It does make it hard though, because I can't sample the meat to see if it tastes right. :P

BTW, welcome back to the veggie lifestyle! :tu