PDA

View Full Version : How do you cook salmon?

Lady TS
06-06-2005, 02:25 PM
I have these frozen salmon fillets I got at Aldi's on my 'be healthy' binge and I don't know what to do with them! I would like to grill them, since it's been sooo hot lately...

Can anyone guide me through it?

Mothering by Heart
06-06-2005, 02:31 PM
We just throw ours in a ziploc with some teriyaki marinade and let it sit all day in the fridge. Fish thaws out fast so you don't need to worry about that. I would spray the grill with non-stick spray first, unless you have one of those grilling trays.

Cook the salmon until it is no longer translucent, turning once. Probably about 5-7 minutes on each side..

RealLifeMama
06-10-2005, 09:43 AM
I buy frozen salmon that has skin on one side. Is that what yours is like?
Do the ziploc thing like the PP said with your favorite marinade.
One I like, other than teriyaki as was already mentioned, is balsamic vinegar and spices.
Or don't bother and just cook from frozen.
I put mine on a broiler pan on foil, and bake at 425 until it is done. About 20 min if it is frozen. That is what the bag says.
Halfway through I take it out and season with salt and pepper and maybe some lemon.
I like to serve it with Mango Mustard:
1 mango
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 tbs dijon mustard
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
blend in blender
warm slightly

Leslie
06-11-2005, 10:45 AM
I'm no cook, I don't have the patience to make fussy recipes and I love the taste salmon plain. So I wrap it in foil at 325 degrees for about an hour. The foil is very forgiving; you can't overcook it. I've left it in for two hours and it was fine. If it's frozen, I bake it for an hour-and-a-half. The skin sticks to the foil when I take the fish out. Sometimes I salt it to serve, but I don't always even do that. Salmon is so delicious just by itself.