PDA

View Full Version : time out-I need some help

Grover
06-04-2005, 07:20 AM
Hi I have not posted in a while,sorry.The good news is that my youngest little natter tot has never been hit,spanked.This is the oldest I have gotten to without spanking.My other three ,now much older were spanked occassionaly from about 15 months with the first :( and about 2 with the third.Not often .
I still strugle with a punitive mindset a little,less now.Anyhow to the problem in hand.
I used a time out on my 2 year old the other day.Because he was running round,stripping off and refusing to let me dress him.His sister needed to be collected and we were running late.I have an alarm that I set 15 mins before we have to do the school run that allows him [and me] time to finish playing and get ready.Normally this works.This kid LOVES routine.
Dh has also started using it[more threatening it,than using it]for when he will not sit at the table.This kid does not just get down.He will literally dance on the table given half a second.
I need alternatives to the time out.Help me please.

Wonder Woman
06-04-2005, 07:57 AM
:hug this thread has some great ideas! hth....
http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=1473.0

TulipMama
06-04-2005, 08:39 AM
Hi, fatfishes!

I'm glad to see you. *grin*

Though, I'm glad that things have been going swimmingly and that's why you haven't been around. *bigger grin*

purplerose
06-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Hang in there sweetie! We've all had days like this!!!! And some days you just kind of get fed up and lose it!!! :banghead I've been there. :O I just take a deep breath, remind myself that they are just little and that yelling and punitive methods DO NOT WORK!!! :grouphug