PDA

View Full Version : Double Strollers

TheSweetLife
06-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Dh and I are considering getting a double stroller for when ds is born (thats the first time I've typed ds :mrgreen, we just found out its a boy).

So, who has double strollers, what kind, and do you like it?

I mostly use a lightweight stroller now (step up from an umbrella stroller). Is it better to just have a lightweight stroller and use the sling for the other one?

I would mostly be using the stroller when I go to the store without dh, are these double strollers very maneuverable or are they really heavy and akward?

We were also thinking of investing in a Peg Perego b/c the stroller we have now is falling apart, does anyone have one of these and do you think its worth the $?

Thanks for any input you can give

Close2MyHeart
06-03-2005, 03:47 PM
I have a cheap Graco (I think) double stroller and a double jogging stroller. There are things I like about each and don't like about each.

Pros of the Graco : As narrow as single stroller, so easy to go through the mall or other crowded places.
Has 'stadium' seating so child in back can see too.
Back folds down into a bassinette type thing for baby.
Folds easily and small enough to carry around in the car.

Cons of Graco: Harder to steer.
Squeeky wheel (Dh needs to fix that! lol!)

Pros of Jogger: So easy to steer!
Can go through sand and gravel a lot easier.
Can attach to a bike
Both kids can see everything.

Cons of Jogger: Bulky to fold and stuff in the car.
Too wide to take in busy areas.

HTH :)

4LovesMom
06-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Ugh! After my double stroller experience yesterday, I'd say spend a little extra to get one that might be better quality. We bought an Evenflo double and we've had two silly things go wrong, but annoying enough that I'm fed up. First we got it home and a snap was broken. Not something we could fix, and very small, but big enough to prevent one of the awning things from working. Took it back and got another one. Yesterday as we were walking into a huge garden we were visiting (on nice, even pavement - not overloaded or anything) one of the wheels fell off. Now, my husband is more than qualified to put together a stroller and did everything right - but the wheel is totally off and the others have seemed flimsy from the beginning - a whopping month ago when we got it. It's a pain in the butt. Granted, I haven't had any other brand, so I can't say that mine is any bulkier or anything - but I'm not a fan. At the store, we folded it up and compared it's folded size to the - I think - Graco brand. One was longer, one was wider. Evenflo was the wider, and for our trunk that was fine. But now I have my doubts. I observed at Disneyland what others had before our third baby was born and the brands I saw the most in doubles was Eddie Bauer and the Duo Glider - (Graco??? not sure who makes it). We liked the Evenflo b/c it had an easy space for the toddler to climb into unassisted, but it sure hasn't been durable. I'll be anxious to hear others' feedback.
Whew! You asked on the wrong day if you were hoping for a brief answer from me!!! :D Personally, I hope we can get our money back and then I'll start looking again. I'd stick to a single and the sling, but I like the cargo room, and having the option to let both girls ride.

AmyDoll
06-03-2005, 04:06 PM
This is the one I want if I found myself in the family way:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00003Q0C6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00003Q0C6.01.PT01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

It's a Sit & Stand. I think they are soooo cool.

Amy

Lady TS
06-03-2005, 04:13 PM
My SIL got us a Cosco Cameo when ds2 was born. I used it mostly at the mall, which wasn't very often. Also for walks down our straight lane. It also has the stadium seating and the rear seat reclines so you can put your infant in there. Lots of room to put stuff in the baskets, which is nice.

BUT

We only used it for about a year. We haven't used it much at all in the last year. It is just too hard for me to push/steer with a 40 lb ds1 in the front and a 30 lb ds2 in the rear! Too bad, too, since they both love to ride so much. Maybe I am just expecting too much of a stroller with their weights though. I might use it after this bb is born, but we'll see. I do have a regular stroller and a "step above an umbrella" stroller I got at a yard sale a few weeks ago. I am thinking I'll be doing the sling thing and have ds2 in the stroller and have ds1 walk (altho he won't like that).

That said, it does fold pretty compactly and for the price(free for us, cheap for SIL who got it on closeout or something) I guess it was worth it for the year of use it got. It was worth having both kids confined :giggle and a little sanity for me so I could shop a bit.

BeckaBlue
06-03-2005, 04:27 PM
I have that sit n stand, :tu it's great! but only if you have a child old enough that would sit/stand on the back, w/ 2 youngins i wouldnt recommend

I'v also got a fisher price double, i used it a few times when at disney, and once or twice at the mall, otherwise it's been in storage. for the price ($75) it's very good!

I tried a cosco and hated it, steared HORRIBLY!

I liked the graco duoglider that i had after abbey was born (was very old and had to be thrown out)

my setup of choice is a lightweight stroller and slingin the other!!!

Gretchen
06-03-2005, 04:34 PM
No double stroller experience here, but since you mentioned Peg Perego .... I have a 7+ year old Peg Perego stroller and it still looks brand new. It is really well made. My SIL has a lot of kids and has gone through a ton of cheap strollers. I'm sure she's spent waaaaay more on strollers than I did.

Gretchen

MarynMunchkins
06-03-2005, 05:28 PM
I hate strollers, and so do my kids. I sold my double one when Ana was 5 months old, and stuck to the sling. And by the time she was walking, I used the stroller for stuff and just let them walk. ;) At this point, I don't ever use the stroller. Colin likes to push it down the sidewalk, and that's as much use as it gets. :D

greenemama
06-03-2005, 05:43 PM
the sit and stand looks so cool.

i don't think my 3 yo would be very responsible in it, tho. :/

Boys and Angels
06-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Now they have so many more styles to choose form . . . I just wanted to say that I chose the one where the seats are front and back rather than side by side. I lived in the city, and it was just more versatile for me to use in stores with aisles, getting through doorways, etc. My boys were 22 months apart, and the stroller really helped me a lot. Aside from helping them be calm and safe in one place in busy and confusing settings, it also served a s a "Base of Operations" for me! I could keep baby suppleis, shopping and lots of things with us and not have to carry too much! Don't forget, in the city, we weren't in the car all that much, and walking/stroller was our primary mode of transportation! I used to call it the "Baby Train!" And my boys used to sit in there and paricipate in EVERY activity we did, from restaurants to supermarkets, from zoos to aquariums, and we never had to worry about htem wandering off. Of course, we were lucky that they enjoyed being in there, and well, they had each other to keep occupied, so we never had any little escape artists! Some kiddies don't like their strollers, and try to get out at every turn. I hope your kiddies like the stroller and enjoy their time in there!

BlessingsX4
06-03-2005, 06:03 PM
I used to own a Graco duoglider(??) and loved it. We took it everywhere. After 2-3 years of heavy use I sold it to a friend who got another 2 years out of it.

If peg pergo is an option, they are really nice. I have only tried out the triplet one because that is what my SIL got and it was here for a month,lol. Beautiful stroller even after three kids and being 4 years old. It will suit her very well for a few years.

Lantern Light Mama
06-03-2005, 06:15 PM
I can't afford to replace my old pram stroller so hubby and I got a Lascal Kiddie Board. They sare safe as long as you keep a close eye on the tot on it, which most of us GCM mom's do without a doubt anyway! In the event I actually need to use a stroller for walks, or shopping, I will attatch the board. He loves to ride on it anyway. Plus I love that old pram, its old timey looking, but with durable wheels. It's good for afternoon walks. Mostly I plan on using a sling as long as I am able. We have fond memories of zipping DS up in our coats in the sling in Germany:)

But if I were going to get a new stroller I would love to have a Bumble ride with toddler seat or a Quinny 4 XL (mine's an older model:( but it still rides:) Something easy to handle and not to hard for me to set up since Im tiny. Logically though, I would end up with a Graco because of cost.

odetta
06-03-2005, 08:52 PM
I have the Maclaren double stroller - got a really good deal on it and convinced my husband to splurge. It is a side-by-side, but I haven't had much problem with aisles and doorways. It is very sturdy, and folds up like an umbrella stroller. I wish I had Maclaren for my single stroller.

I only use the double stroller occasionally, like when both kids are asleep, or when only the younger is but the older wants to do whatever the younger one does. Other times I have a cheap, cheap, cheap unbrella single (did I mention that I wish my single was a Maclaren?) that I use when the older wants to walk, but I need to keep the younger contained. And when the younger was newborn until he got too big, I just slinged him.

I agree with buying quality the first time. I went through 3 strollers before we bought the Maclaren, and I should have just went right to what I wanted in the beginning. But I was trying to economize.... :rolleyes

Heather Micaela
06-03-2005, 09:31 PM
Although I do a lot of slinging I LOVE my Graco duoglider becuse one or both of my kids can sit or sleep in it. DS just turned 2 when DD was born. Two years later I often have just one or neither in it, but it sure helps w/ shopping and trips anyway cause you dont have to hold all the stuff you bring or buy. It is harder to steer than a single, but after you get used to it, it is only hard on real tight curves. (And I have become a pro at openind the dept. store door while pushing the stroller through - good natured strangers who try to help open the door are actually slower :giggle)

I got mine genlty used from the pennysaver after reviewing all kinds. My only cons are: no adult cup holders and Small basket space. But I think the newer models have improved on this.

Mother of Sons
06-03-2005, 09:39 PM
We have a brand spanking new double stroller somewhere in our house. It got used a couple of times but I thought it was a huge pain. I can't remember what kind it was but the seats could change to face eachother.

churchpunkmom
06-03-2005, 10:11 PM
Sit n Stands are great if your kids are a little farther apart (or go with the Sit n Stand LX which has a full seat on the back that is removable). If you can afford it, I would go with the Perego in an instant! I have a Pliko and I LOVE it! I've had it for three years now, I love it and my kids love it. They make great strollers! Mine is in just as good condition as when I bought it. I'd really like to get a Venezia, but that probably won't happen.

Double strollers I've owned: Graco older model of Duo (not DuoGlider) - I bought it second hand because I really liked that both seats layed flat (forming one big "bed" when both fully reclined). It's done the job, but it's a beast to push (the thing weighs close to 40lbs) and it's not standing up to the test of time - it's seen better days! I've also had a double umbrella stroller. Umbrella strollers are ok for quick walks outside. Great for leaving at grandma's. Not good for much else.

I hate Cosco. They don't make very good products. They don't last. They also have a lot of recalls and have been known to pull products off shelves and then rerelease them under another of their brands (Safety First, Eddie Bauer..) rather than go to the trouble of recalling. Not a good company.

This time around, I'm more likely to rely on sling and Ella Roo and either have Torrin in the stroller, daddy's arms, or walking with the boys.

GodChick
06-03-2005, 10:48 PM
I've got this one:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000302ASC.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg in a different color. DuoGlider by Graco. I like it and it handles really well. The one thing I don't like about it is that the "mommy cup holder" is situated on top of the sunshade where the infant sits and it keeps that part of the sunshade from opening all the way, so it's hard to see the baby in a carseat in there. I guess it might not be an issue if you're really tall, though. :shrug

Nice if folks can say they never use a stroller . . . but there's nothing wrong with having one either. I use the sling more than the stroller, but let's face it: occasionally I need to have one or both the kids contained!! ;) :laughtears

Eowyn
06-04-2005, 12:48 AM
My cousin handed down a Combi Twin-Savvy, and after using it, I've been spoiled on strollers. I prefer smaller side-by-sides. I've tried pushing front to back strollers, and I find them unwieldy. Unfortunately, my Combi's falling to pieces (and it's about 6 years old), so it's time for a new one. I have my eye on an Inglesina Twin Swift. I've already done the economizing thing with Ian's stroller, and for this time, I prefer to make an investment.

mamaKristin
06-04-2005, 08:38 AM
We bought a Prego before DS was born and still use it lots. But with #2 and 3 going to be 13 months apart, and a going to be 3.5 year old to take out...it's time to get a double. I'm thinking double jogger, prefer one with a movable front wheel (but of course, they are more $$). It gives a bigger weight range (50 lbs per kid on average, compared to 40 per kid) and are easier to push. Wider, sure...but if I can push it more easily - I'm all for that!

Lantern Light Mama
06-04-2005, 08:52 AM
Thoe Iglesina Strollers are beautiful, and the Queen Bumble Rides. If only I had $700.00....sigh. lol.

I think quality is the key. In Europe we had cobblestone streets and I walked and took the train everywhere. Our village was very small so you could easily walk downtown in ten minutes to buy fresh bread. We would even walk in the snow. Pretty soon I figured out my plastic wheel strollers where not going to cut it anymore, and DH broke down and bought me a Quinny, and we got the boot muff, and carriage attatchment in case we ever end up in a cold climate again ( which could happen now!). I plan to pass it along to family when I am done having babies. As much as I would love a double stroller, unless we get stationed in Hawaii where I can walk all over, or maybe San Antonio I won't be getting one.

But it is so nice to dream:) Sigh~ have you seen the mountain buggy's? You can buy an attatchment carriage for one half of the double jogger. Those are too neat. They have some amazing things out there now. Most of 'em are worth more than my car though, heehee.

Can Dance
06-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Ohmygosh. I love strollers. I derive a special thrill from seeing a beautiful stroller on the street. Poster above: you had a Quinny?? nice nice nice.

Anyway. I am a pretty frequent poster at the babybargains board as well and I know all about this topic. its a GREAT source of information where you can ask all of this stuff too. The super popular ones right now are: the Valco twin, which is good for a newborn and a toddler. This also has the ability to add a toddler seat to it as well. People also love on the Mountain buggy too. but the MB canopy isn't as high as the Valco Twin. As well there is the Phil and Ted E3. that is the one I plan on purchasing after I scrimp and save for a while. its a single stroller, but wait! its a double! You can hold a newborn and a toddler, but its a small as a single stroller width wise. it looks SO cool and is really easy to clean.

The Pegs are great quality, but with tandem seating, it can get really heavy when the kiddies get bigger. I was considering that one too. Just google Phil and Teds and you can see what I mean. it is such a neat concept!
Candice

Lantern Light Mama
06-05-2005, 02:02 PM
OH, I saw those online! They are so neat! They look easy to handle too! If only Target sold the E3 . lol.

Boys and Angels
06-05-2005, 02:53 PM
the "mommy cup holder" Laughing, becasue this wasn't even a THOUGHT when I had *MY* double stroller!

Lantern Light Mama
06-05-2005, 04:14 PM
My single doesn't have a cup holder. I just throw a bottle of water in my basket and go. I don't think it has any of that stuff, but a basket, and bell. lol.

GodChick
06-05-2005, 09:34 PM
Heh heh, yeah. :giggle Quite honestly, I'd rather do without the "mommy cup holder" because, like I said, it keeps the sunshade from opening far enough for me to see my wee one. And it's actually too shallow to balance anything in without worrying about it tipping over on the baby. :rolleyes I'd rather just do without one, and be able to see my baby in there! :walk

TheSweetLife
06-06-2005, 06:32 AM
Ohmygosh. I love strollers. I derive a special thrill from seeing a beautiful stroller on the street. Poster above: you had a Quinny?? nice nice nice.

Anyway. I am a pretty frequent poster at the babybargains board as well and I know all about this topic. its a GREAT source of information where you can ask all of this stuff too. The super popular ones right now are: the Valco twin, which is good for a newborn and a toddler. This also has the ability to add a toddler seat to it as well. People also love on the Mountain buggy too. but the MB canopy isn't as high as the Valco Twin. As well there is the Phil and Ted E3. that is the one I plan on purchasing after I scrimp and save for a while. its a single stroller, but wait! its a double! You can hold a newborn and a toddler, but its a small as a single stroller width wise. it looks SO cool and is really easy to clean.

The Pegs are great quality, but with tandem seating, it can get really heavy when the kiddies get bigger. I was considering that one too. Just google Phil and Teds and you can see what I mean. it is such a neat concept!
Candice

Wow, that Phil & Ted's E3 looks so cool! I am really leaning toward that one, especially b/c you can take off the 2nd seat when you don't want it - what an awesome idea! It looks so maneuverable too, and lighter than the other doubles out there. Dh wants to see one in person before buying so we can see how sturdy it is, I hope we can find some place in L.A. that has them in a brick & morter store.

TestifyToLove
06-06-2005, 08:22 AM
Okay, we've got an interesting situation.

I've got a 2.5 year old and 2-4 year olds (soon anyway). I need something that will hold a higher weight limit on the stroller, but I REFUSE to do with something bulky. I don't need triple. But, I do need to assume that one of the 4 year olds might have some joint degeneration (might require some PT) and will likely tire out on big trips. Further, should he bleed while out, I can infuse him but then he's GOT to rest. So, he's going to need a stroller for awhile longer. So, basically, something that maxs at 40lb per child isn't really going to cut it for me, one of the children is 43lb now, which rules out the E3. And, I'd really like to keep it under $300 for the system.

I'm considering one of those side by side strollers (like the Maclaren or Chicco). Or, I am also considering a jogging stroller. The problem with the joggers is that they look more bulky but are easier to find with a higher weight limit--which makes it a toss up.

Any suggestions that fit these criteria?

TheSweetLife
06-06-2005, 09:42 AM
No real suggestions but that some stroller sites I've visited do have a "special needs" section, I didn't really look there but you may be able to find something with a larger weight capacity. You could probably google it, I can't remember the site I was on, I've been on so many looking at strollers lately.

Also, if you go with a jogging stroller you may want to get one that has a front swivel wheel b/c we have a regular jogger and it is so hard to turn that sucker, I don't actually jog - we got it for hiking and stuff but when you take it to an actual store or on a walk where you may have to make some turns it is really not great in the maneuverability catagory. I've read that a swivel wheel in the front takes care of this problem.

Beyond Blessed
06-06-2005, 10:31 AM
I generally sling the baby and the two year old rides in the cart - most places we go has a cart. Anyway, I quickly came to see that I would need a double stroller and there is NOT much room in the back of my van - AND - I have a back problem so a heavy stroller just wouldn't work. I was completely THRILLED when I found a Jeep Double Umbrella Stroller. It has a reclining position, so I've used it since dd was a few weeks old. Really. AND so many other cool features (like the backing to the seat rolls up so there is mesh and it lets a breeze througth the seat back so my babes get a wonderful cooling effect in the heat :tu ) anyway...here's a pic...

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0002ZHEDO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

And...it was only $80 :tu And the sun-shades are completely adjustable!!!

Can Dance
06-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Trying to type an email back whilest having a 13 month old around your computer is dangerous! so far she has managed to shut it off and then shut my screen off! Ha! maybe I should take it as a sign, even though I am blowing bubbles whilest I sit here.

Testifytolove, I think the Valco twin would be perfect for your needs. the canopy is really high, and it has a toddler seat with a weight limit of 35 lbs or something. their site is valcobaby.com I think. letsgostrolling.com is a great place to buy from, the ladys name is Jody and she is really nice. She can answer any questions you have about that one. one other thing about Valco, they have GREAT resale, probably 80% of your purchase price.

Secondly one thing to consider about the sit n stand is that, its no longer being made. there is a rumour the company is going to come up with something better that that, but right now second hand stores, ebay and Craigs list is a good place to find them. they are still popular and the quality isn't too bad relative to price.
Candice

MySeoulChild
06-06-2005, 11:54 AM
I wrote a whole, long, well-thought post and my stupid internet shut down because of "outages" in the area. :( :hissyfit :banghead

Major points:

maclaren is the best - I've had ten strollers in 8 years, and wish I would have gone with a mac from day one as does DH

Test drive, test drive, test drive. They all move smoothly on vinyl flooring in baby stores, so get some real outside experience if you can

Perego has bad steering and support joists are prone to breakage, especially with older children

Chicco doesn't last as long and has some lesser-quality pieces on them that wear out too quickly

Baby Bjorn and a Maclaren Quest is our favorite combo for newborns and a toddler - when toddler wants out to play, baby can rest in the stroller

we love our Twin Traveller (maclaren) and it maneuvers amazingly - we can do full 360s in it with a five year old and a three year old inside - no bending of the support joists, no difficulty whatsoever. DH pushes with two fingers with perfect precision and control - you really have to try this one out :)

It folds with one hand (and one foot) and is as compact as a regular single stroller. It doesn't occupy the trunk space that is so precious and is very comfortable even for my five year old. The seat width is nice, but the stroller width fits comfortably (without repositioning) through all doorways. It has nice accessories (foot muffs, rain covers, bottle holder, good sized baskets underneath, extended canopies for rain that stow away inside the regular canopy, skylights, extended foot rest thingies, reclines in several positions, newborn head snugglers, back zippered pouches on each side to store keys, credit cards, etc)

But, I really think that after all these strollers (kolcraft, Evenflo, Graco, Sit N Stand, Mac Quest, Mac Triumph, Baby Trend Euro, Perego, etc) this is by far the best. Worth every single penny!

Oh - I don't recommend front to backs in ANY form (even the high, high end ones - like a Runabout) because kids do not like to have their vision blocked in the least. It's frustrating to have someone or something right in front of you, and you'll find that they won't want to ride around. Even in the stadium seating, it's constricting in the leg space or in the "personal space" and my kids hated all of those styles. Plus, joggers and the bigger ones take up so much space, and are often impossible to fold up unless you remove some of the hardware. It's great if you're keeping it set up in the garage and going for long walks in a busy city, but for something in a residential area like shopping trips, the quick collapse, minimal trunk space, and easy maneuvering is tops, IMO.

If you can, test drive them. With your kids in them - on cement. Stop suddenly, turn quickly - see how it handles with one hand.

BornFreeBaby
06-06-2005, 12:15 PM
After much research, I just bought a new double stroller that looks like a jogger, but turns like a dream- swivel wheels that make it sooo easy for walking. I read many, many great reviews on it. Its the InStep Safarri TT Double Jogging stroller- for walking around the neighborhood or jogging. I also wanted something economical, and REALLY wanted the BOB Duallie, but price wise this worked better- and I'm soooo glad I got it.

I don't know if its what you're looking for, but its is the best/easiest stroller I have ever used. I ordered it online and got it fast.

Here's the link: http://www.joggingstroller.com/brand/instep/safari-double.shtml

HTH!

TestifyToLove
06-06-2005, 02:37 PM
Teri, how is that InStep for storage? I looked at the InSteps and Swinns because they have the higher weight limits on them. But, I'm concerned that a jogger would take up more room.

I also looked at the Maclaren double. But, I can't find what the weight capacity on those are. I love how small and compact they are, but as I said, I've got to have the ability to put one of the 4 year olds in it.

kris10s
06-06-2005, 03:24 PM
From the Maclaren website:

How long can I use my buggy—up until what age and/or weight?
Maclaren buggies are designed and tested to hold up to a 55lb child; the twins are tested to hold up to 55 pounds each side. Most children determine at what age they no longer want to be in a buggy—some children want to walk when they’re 2, others when they’re 5. We suggest you let your child guide the usage of your buggy, while keeping within the weight limit.

TestifyToLove
06-06-2005, 03:40 PM
WOHOO! I think that very well may settle it! I was leaning towards the Maclaren but I couldn't find ANY store with the weight capacity listed. 55lb trumps even the joggers I was looking at. And, I don't think you can beat how TINY those things are. I do NOT need a big, bulky stroller. I just need a comfy place for 3 children to have the option of sitting when they are tired. We do lots of field trips for school, and Ch is gonna have lots of doctor's appointments.

Now, just got to find someplace where I can test a Maclaren before I purchase. Guess I could buy online if I *must* but I'd rather test it with the kiddos in it first.

kris10s
06-06-2005, 03:44 PM
The Maclaren website does it again!

http://www.maclarenbaby.com/US/pages/twintraveller.html

It has a zip code search feature. I found three retailers within 10 miles of me! :highfive

BornFreeBaby
06-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Teri, how is that InStep for storage? I looked at the InSteps and Swinns because they have the higher weight limits on them. But, I'm concerned that a jogger would take up more room.

I store it in a corner behind a bedroom door- It is HUGE. When it is folded out, it does NOT fit thru the door. I have to carry it out the door in the folded position first, then unfold and load the kids in it outside. That is the only drawback, but I did expect that w/ more of a jogging style stroller, and for me, the benefits outweigh the bulky-ness. I guess it would be a big problem if you lived in an apartment.

HTH!
The Maclaren sounds good, but I haven't tried it.

TestifyToLove
06-06-2005, 06:16 PM
LOL, don't live in an apartment, but we have limited space in the back of the van. Its a huge van (12 pass) but storage space is limited in the back. I can't take it all up with just a stroller.

littlehoney
06-07-2005, 09:41 AM
Jeep makes a really cool double. It's basically a double umbrella stroller that folds up pretty small and easily. Also, the backrests recline seperately and it's easy to steer and manuever. Even has sunshades and a cup holder. The only drawback is that although it is relatively narrow, it is a side-by-side so there will be tight spots you can't get through such as a garden gate, or small aisles.

I really enjoyed ours, used it a lot when I had the boys 15 mos. apart. I also think they enjoyed sitting "together". The Jeep is also not too expensive.

http://www.kolcraft.com/jeep/onthego2.cfm?id=37&p=tandem

mumsark7
06-11-2005, 07:29 AM
When I saw this thread I knew I had to reply. Having 7 children in 12years, I have done STROLLERS, all kinds.
My favorite is a Maclaren double or single, well worth the money. Our first Maclaren Double lasted 6years, never had one problem. We lived in England for 9 yearrs and had our first five children there, I had 4, 4 and under,yeah,I was one of those moms. My Maclaren side by side double went everywhere along with my baby sling(been slinging babies for 10years now). I use the buses, london underground,several trips back and forth between US, went to Germany and Italy,I used my first Maclaren until it finally puttered out on me and gave up. My first Maclaren single did the same, I more than got my money's worth.
Now I have had other Strollers: Peg Perego singles are nice,but they don't " live " as long and our bulkier, my Peg Perego Front by back Double was hard to steer and my children were used to sitting side by side, so they weren't happy.
Right now I own a Maclaren side by side double, a single Maclaren( my friend is using it right now while she's visiting family in Virginia), a single Peg Perego ( it's not used much) and my newest purchase a Schwinn double jogger( they are big,it takes the whole trunk area) that I only use on base, I don't think I will have it long,I bought it because where we live now we get snow and have lots of hills,we're stationed in Wyoming, but other than using it on the base,I don't take it anywhere else.My 3 year old who is small for his age is almost to big for the Schwinn.
If I only have 2 children with me,I usually( about 95%) put one in a stroller and use the sling( Ella thinks she lives in it and she does pretty much).
I have used the Lascal Kiddy boards,I remember when they first came out in Europe, I'm laughing right now, I just realized I've had a lot of babies, excuse me, I'm laughing so hard, I'm crying. The kiddy boards are great,but my recommendation is that your child needs to be at least 4years old,since they stand on the back, it's possiable we might at sometime invest in another.
Over the years we have bought other strollers like cosco,etc,but they never lasted and I just end up yard saling them or having to throw them away.
Hope this helps.

Lantern Light Mama
06-11-2005, 08:22 AM
Mikey will be four in November, but he likes the kiddie board. I think it makes him feel big so we pratice with it so he is used to it. All of my cheaper strollers broke too, or the streets in Europe ate up the wheels. I wish I had just gotten quality the first time in Germany instead of getting cheap ones that didn't last. One thing I noticed was that the European metal framed strollers with rubber wheels last the longest. I saw some that were 10 + years and still rolling. We got a Quinny because I figured it would be a one time buy, and before we left to come back to the states we got the pram attatchment for future babies. I really wasn't thinking that Ds would still be having problems this far ahead into the future though, honestly, and sometimes I second guess myself and wonder if we need a double, but since hes almost 30 lbs, anyway it probably would not be a good investment anymore. If we go to Honolulu by some odd chance I imagine I will wear the Quinny out pretty good too. My sister said everything was walkable there.:)