PDA

View Full Version : Want to be my Cleaning Buddy Today?

RealLifeMama
06-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Today is Friday June 3.

Between spending too much time cleaning the house I don't live in, and being gone too much, and DH getting home super late, my house is in such a state that when someone comes to the door, I have to go outside!!
It will take more time than I actually have to get it all picked up and cleaned up, but I am going to try to do what I can.
I have approximately 3 hrs before I need to start dinner.
Would someone like to join me in taking about 30 minutes focusing on doing housework and then we can report back what we did?

Mother of Sons
06-03-2005, 11:00 AM
I will. I'm working on the pit umm.. I mean the playroom.

RealLifeMama
06-03-2005, 11:03 AM
OK, I am shutting down the computer right after I read one more message! ;)
;)

Mother of Sons
06-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Ok. I'll post back in half an hour then.

Mothering by Heart
06-03-2005, 11:08 AM
I'm in! I will work on my living room. The clean clothes pile has migrated to the floor and now they are dirty again :/

Mother of Sons
06-03-2005, 11:37 AM
I guess I'm the first one back. I got almost one zone in the playroom done. It's hard because I get so worn out that I have to take breaks every few minutes but it's getting there.

RealLifeMama
06-03-2005, 11:59 AM
:tu MOS!

I was doing well picking up and putting away in the kitchen. I got the flatware unloaded from the dishwasher and put the dirt dishes in the sink and put some toys away.
Then DH called and wanted me to find something in the armoire for him. It happened to be in my coupon drawer.
Sooo, guess what happened...
I spent the last 15 minutes sorting and throwing out expired coupons. :banghead
I know better!

As soon as DS goes down for his nap I will go again!

Mother of Sons
06-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Then DH called and wanted me to find something in the armoire for him. It happened to be in my coupon drawer.
Sooo, guess what happened...
I spent the last 15 minutes sorting and throwing out expired coupons. bang head

That happens to me all the time!!

I'm kind of stuck right now. I really want to get it all picked up so I can move on to another room, but I'm losing energy and starting to just stare at it instead of picking up.

Mothering by Heart
06-03-2005, 12:29 PM
The living room is sparkling. I even dusted the blinds and vacuumed and febrezed the furniture. We put on the "80's radio station for some motivation, Nothing like The Clash and Night Ranger to get you cleanin' :rockon

Mother of Sons
06-03-2005, 12:31 PM
Good job Amy! :highfive

RealLifeMama
06-03-2005, 12:33 PM
That is what I like to put on to clean, too!
Of course, I had to settle for They Might Be Giants "No" but that is OK.

Good job!

As you can see I am still here. I haven't gone for my second round yet!
:O

RealLifeMama
06-03-2005, 02:11 PM
OK, so I did some more and even though the house is still a mess, I can actually see my living room floor and I can actually make dinner, which I need to go do now!
Thanks ladies!