PDA

View Full Version : so gross

ServingGod
06-03-2005, 06:55 AM
Ive been a vegetarian for a year....mostly because meat grosses me out. I read Food Revolution and that did it...next day I was veg. For the past two weeks I have been craving meat like nothing else. I see a pic of a burger and I just feel like I NEED one. My fil put a big plate of barely cooked burgers in front of me the other day and I contemplated scarfing them. My dh thinks Im disturbed. :laughtears Course...I did just get my cycle for the first time since my dd was born 15 months ago....so Im sure thats it. :giggle

MarynMunchkins
06-03-2005, 06:47 PM
:lol

greenemama
06-03-2005, 06:49 PM
:giggle

ShangriLewis
06-03-2005, 06:53 PM
I get that. And, you know what the only thing that takes it away is to go to Burger King and get a veggie burger. I'm not sure why, but that does it.

GrowingInGrace
06-05-2005, 10:43 AM
I'll bet there's a bit of low-iron at play. I've had those feelings when anemic, and I'm a 3rd generation veggie!

Try adding some Teff grain to your diet. It has 20% of RDA of iron in just 1 small serving!

And, if you want to read something that will permanently turn you off meat, read Fast Food Nation. :sick

godsgracegiven
06-07-2005, 02:29 AM
My first thought was iron too.

Desert Rose
06-08-2005, 10:45 PM
:laughtears That's too funny. I walked by the food court at the mall today and I got a big whiff of a burger place. I immediately began to salivate! Yeah, just call me Pavlov's dog! :O It was weird because I've been veg for 8 months and this is the 1st time I've "wanted" meat. Makes me wonder if my aversion to meat is only temporary? :think

Ninetales
06-14-2005, 04:02 PM
I had that experience 28 years ago. After being totally veg. for maybe a few months, I quite suddenly felt that if I didn't have a hamburger right then and there I would perish for sure. I sent my friend to the fast-food joint to get me one. I took a bite or two, then couldn't even bear the sight of it! I have not touched, or wanted, meat since.

ArmsOfLove
06-14-2005, 04:10 PM
I would guess anemia too.

When I was pg with the twins I was super hyperemesis, very anemic, and the only thing I could keep down was meat. Seriously--for three weeks I ate only meat. This is after 6.5 years of being vegan :eek So I walked around with a bag of meat, ate turkey rolled with vegannaise and mustard, fried fish--and kept it all down. After 2.5 weeks I was able to add bread and make sandwiches :shifty Then, after 3 weeks, even the smell of meat made me want to throw up and I stopped eating it :shrug

ServingGod
06-14-2005, 04:18 PM
LOL!! Guess there are times when the body needs it!!! My craving is gone. But I am considering eating fish on vacation. :shifty

MySeoulChild
06-21-2005, 12:18 PM
When I crave meat, it's usually a sensory thing. And, the fact is, the fast food places don't actually taste as good as they smell :)

So, I try to make a BIG "burger" at home. I either throw boca burgers on the grill, and smother them in sauce (sometimes with pickles and onions - or a big, red slice of fresh tomato) or I add lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, etc. DH says I should open a restaurant with my boca burgers :) LOL

I have also had to re-read Fast Food Nation and The Food Revolution. Keeping it fresh in your mind really helps - there's just something so unappetizing about ground beef when you know how much brain/spine matter, fecal matter, etc it contains.

memory maker
06-21-2005, 01:05 PM
I get that. And, you know what the only thing that takes it away is to go to Burger King and get a veggie burger. I'm not sure why, but that does it.

I went the other day and they had changed the veggie burger :td. I was very disappointed. I liked the old one better

ShangriLewis
06-21-2005, 04:27 PM
Oh, that's a bummer I haven't been in awhile.

Now that I'm hooked on that darn chick pattie..I'm not sure I need them anymore. I just wished the chik patties were vegan.