PDA

View Full Version : why are my diaper covers single serving?

malakoa
06-02-2005, 11:00 AM
i have a prowraps and a bummis super whisper. They never last beyond one wet one.

What's up?

2sunshines
06-02-2005, 11:32 AM
What exactly do you mean? Do you mean that the diaper is full of urine so that the covers are also a little wet or stinky so you don't reuse them?

I think how many times someone re-uses a cover is personal preference. I rarely re-use my covers. Once they have any urine on them, I hate the smell and just prefer to get a new one. I, at minimum, rinse them out and hang them to dry between changes. Some people are successful in reusing them several times.

It also depends on the diaper that you are using underneath. Something that is more absorbent, it would take more urine to soak the diaper and reach the cover. So it also depends on a child's peeing habits... :shrug

So I don't think it's that strange... Just diapering preference imo...

milkmommy
06-02-2005, 11:35 AM
I rotate my covers, I found the bummi didn't work (leaked fast and held odors) if I tried reusing the cover, by letting one air out between uses solved the problem. I found 4 covers (daytime) to be an ideal amount I'd use two during the day one as a backup incase of a poop incident and one for the diaper bag.

Deanna