PDA

View Full Version : One size fitted to pocket

cannuke
06-02-2005, 07:05 AM
I'm cross posting this here to hopefully get some opinions! :D

I have a Snug to Fit one size dipe that I bought to use as a pattern for making my own dipes. I liked the concept of one size diapers (cost effectiveness and not having to buy more later). Due to cost and some things I've heard about how well some AIO's last b/c of the differences in cleaning requirements of the outer WP layer vs. the inner layer, I'd like to generally stick with a two piece system. DH says I'm such a scientist about stuff.

As I was planning how to sew these diapers, I thought that I'd like to change the design a little. Rather than making the dipes the way that the Snug to Fit is made, with an inside liner and another layer sewn onto the back of the diaper, I thought I'd make the one size, but as a pocket diaper. A pocket diaper but not an AIO pocket diaper. Maybe it'll be a little faster to dry and have less chance of detergent build up? We also have really hard water here.

I've ordered a few Wonderoos from JamTots, so that will show me how a one size pocket diaper works. I only want to have a few one size AIO's around, though.

Does anyone have any experience or hints on how this plan might work? When you use a pocket diaper, does the insert get held into the diaper at all, or does it just sit in there and the snugness of the diaper holds it in place? I still can't figure that one out.

Thanks for any help!

kris10s
06-02-2005, 07:07 AM
I love my Wonderoos, so your plan sounds good to me! You'd definitely need a snap press to make one size pockets, if you don't have one already.

Does anyone have any experience or hints on how this plan might work? When you use a pocket diaper, does the insert get held into the diaper at all, or does it just sit in there and the snugness of the diaper holds it in place? I still can't figure that one out.
the snugness holds it in!

cannuke
06-02-2005, 11:08 AM
the snugness holds it in!

Aha! Mystery solved! :-)

My MIL has a really good snap press that she said I could use, I just need to choose snaps!