PDA

View Full Version : deodorizing your diaper pail?

Love_Is_Patient
06-02-2005, 06:43 AM
What do you do to keep your diaper pail from really stinking in between washes? Especially in humid weather? It wasn't so bad before, but now the weather here has gotten really humid, so even though I had hoped I could started doing diapers every 3 days instead of every 2 since ds has slowed down in the production, the diaper pail stinks at the end of the 1st day! :( I sprinkle some baking soda on the diapers about every 3rd change (more often if I remember), but it doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions? We are using a dry pail method, although I do rinse poopy diapers in the toilet first.

Moon
06-02-2005, 09:45 AM
There are little disks or balls you can buy to drop in there, I'd try cottonbabies.com but don't quote me on that ;)

I keep a spray bottle loaded with a mostly vinegar, some water, abit of GSE and occasionally a few drops of natural dish soap, in my kitchen. I spray a few shots of that in the pail when I dump the dipes in the wash. Nothing over powers the scent when it's full of dipes tho, aside from a good lid.

Larissa
06-02-2005, 05:07 PM
I put a couple drops of tea trea oil at the bottom of my diaper pail in between washings...it works great!