PDA

View Full Version : Help for dinner please

joyfulmomof2
06-01-2005, 02:03 PM
I am cooking some chicken noodle soup tonight, but am not sure how to start or when. :O

RealLifeMama
06-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Homemade?
Is the chicken cooked?
Are the noodles made?
Are you using homemade broth or is that already made?

joyfulmomof2
06-01-2005, 02:40 PM
ok, this is where i am now. I have a whole chicken - i have cleaned it and put it in the pot and set it to boil. I put some boullion, seasonings and garlic in there as well. I don't know how long one usually boils a whole chicken though. I have some frozen stir fry veggies but they include broccoli - what do you think? The noodles are homemade and yes they are made.

RealLifeMama
06-01-2005, 02:46 PM
I'd simmer the chicken for about 45 min or so, but that is just me. I just tend to forget about stuff and then when I get back to it, it is done, so that is just an estimate. I don't know for sure how long.
I wouldn't simmer broccoli because cruciferous veggies get bitter tasting broth.
So, I'd cook the chicken, remove it and cut it up, then I'd drain, strain, and skim the broth.
Then I'd saute some onion, celery and carrots and add them to the broth, then add the chicken and seasoning and your stir fry veggies, and then add the noodles last.
That is just how I'd do it. I don't have a recipe or anything.

joyfulmomof2
06-01-2005, 02:49 PM
ok that helps a bunch!!! thanks!!! i will let you know how it turns out. :)

RealLifeMama
06-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Just remember, you can't really mess up - it is soup!
:)
I am sure it will be yummy!
Homemade noodles! Yum!

joyfulmomof2
06-01-2005, 03:03 PM
yes i am very excited about the noodles :) I found them the other day when i went to the amish farms nearby. :)

joyfulmomof2
06-02-2005, 01:12 PM
:highfive it turned out just fine and yummy even!! Thanks for all of your help!!! :hug