PDA

View Full Version : dh and pinning!!

zak
06-01-2005, 11:01 AM
he's been sick since I switched to prefolds and pins.... he did his first pinning session today while I brought in the groceries!!!! woo-hoo!! He did great!!

way to go dad!

greenemama
06-01-2005, 11:03 AM
:tu my dh has yet to figure it out. :rolleyes

2sunshines
06-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Oh yea, my dh would be clueless with pins... :giggle

Good for your dh! :tu

kris10s
06-01-2005, 11:26 AM
I don't even use pins :O

But I'm glad DH is good with a snappi!

Havilah
06-01-2005, 11:28 AM
dh is strictly a snap/velcro guy. mention snappi or pin and he grows 10 thumbs!

good for your dh :tu

zak
06-01-2005, 11:32 AM
lol... well... there are snappi's on the way... courtesy of NutureMama!

gentlemama
06-01-2005, 12:03 PM
good hint for those that pin: run the pin across your brow near your hairline. THe "grease" from you hair makes them slide through the diaper so easily!

my mom gave me this hint when I started diapering.

zak
06-01-2005, 12:07 PM
gentle... thanks :)

I keep a bar of soap wrapped in a sock as a pin cushion (same effect as the 'grease') :) (I've got dry skin/hair) ;)

Iarwain
06-01-2005, 01:02 PM
Wow! That's great! We used pins and cheap plastic pants almost exclusively for six MONTHS and dh never did get the hang of it. We had two babies at the time and dh changed plenty of diapers, but he could never get them on snug enough and they had "low-rider" diapers whenever daddy changed them. That was ten years ago and I still use them occasionally but DH really prefers to avoid the pins because he gets frustrated by them. (this is partly why we use mostly AIOs) I think it's because his fingers are so much thicker than mine he has a hard time hanging on to the diaper and pulling it snug enough with his big fat fingers in the way. I've never had a Snappi. I actually like pins myself. They hold so securely and are pretty thoroughly toddler-proof when they get to the streaking stage.

anniegirl
06-02-2005, 10:10 PM
Wow! I'm impressed! My dh won't go anywhere near pins.

I love your avatar. Your ds is sooooooooo adorable! Every time I see it I smile, I just want to smooch him up!

zak
06-03-2005, 06:00 AM
I rec'd the snappi's last night!! They are SUPER!! :) Hubby can't wait to try them out! Thanks, NurtureMama!!

LoveToReadMommy
06-05-2005, 05:07 PM
ds is almost 3 weeks old, and I'm just getting brave enough to try pins sometimes. dh hasn't even been brave enough to do a diaper change at all! But he has been very busy taking care of the other kids, I have to say in his defense.!