PDA

View Full Version : How To Clean with Clingy and Potentially Destructive ;) Children

RealLifeMama
06-01-2005, 09:51 AM
Nathan is feeling better now in that he was sick with a fever for a few days but has been better since Monday now.
But Man!
He has been crying since he pretty much woke up!
He is ultra clingy and just is screaming and I do not know what is wrong with him!
He wants to nurse a lot and falls asleep but then when I put him down he wakes up screaming.
He is Two!! And this is not like his usual laid back personality at all!
Normally, I'd just let him nurse and we'd have a lazy playing day, but I absolutely, positively must go thoroughly clean our other house today. Tenants are moving in tomorrow morning and I must go deep clean it.
It is difficult enough to do with children there- I know they can help and I plan on getting them to help wash the windows while I do other stuff, but I can't afford to let them mess anything up (like scratch the freshly painted walls or dent anything or get stuff on the brand new carpet, etc. ) I can't bring stuff to color or activities for them to do because I can't risk them making a mess.
:shrug

Punkie
06-01-2005, 10:07 AM
Do you have an Ergo or something to stick him in?

greenemama
06-01-2005, 10:11 AM
i was going to suggest something like that, too.

:hug

do you drink :cup coffee? sometimes everything is just better with a little bit of coffee. ;)

RealLifeMama
06-02-2005, 08:18 AM
Well, I tried twice to clean with the children yesterday.
I left once because I wasn't getting anything done and I came home and let Nathan nap and fed them and ten went back.
Then one of them had a ptty accident on the brand new carpet!
I left and decided that I would just go back whenever DH got home!
He got home at 11:30!!! PM!
So, at Midnight, I went over and cleaned until nearly 3AM!
I was tired but it was actually kind of fun! I enjoy cleaning a totally bare house, LOL. And I just listened to music I wanted to listen to (ie, no wiggles, Kid's Bible Songs, etc!) so that was kind of nice.
I am so tired now though.
I only got about 3 hours of sleep because I had to be up to let the tenants in this morning. But the good news is that I think they liked the house!

DogwoodMama
06-02-2005, 08:28 AM
Yay Amy! :tu I was wondering how you managed. :)

greenemama
06-02-2005, 01:07 PM
:rockon

and listening to mama music can be such a relief!

have some more :cup :cup :cup

newdawn
06-03-2005, 12:49 AM
:hug2 I know how tiring that is... I did all our unpacking late at night til early morning, while DS was in bed. (DH wasn't any help at all.)