PDA

View Full Version : Good price for a "flat" of flowers?

DogwoodMama
05-31-2005, 08:51 AM
What do you consider to be a good price for a flat or half-flat of flowers? I was thinking $8-10 but we went to Lowes & Home Depot yesterday, & they wanted $12 a flat, & the plants didn't even look that good! Yikes! :eek I was just curious what prices everyone else is paying, and where you get your best deals.

A local grocery store is offering them $3.98 per half-flat, I want to go check them out at that price...

Teribear
05-31-2005, 11:29 AM
I pay $15/flat but its a fundraiser for our church youth group so I suspect I could get them much more economically.

2sunshines
05-31-2005, 11:39 AM
I bought mine a couple of weeks ago from a gardening store for $9.99 a flat. They were really nice flowers and they had TONS to choose from. I just saw that our grocery store had them on sale for $7.77 this morning... :shrug I'd say you should be able to get a nice flat of flowers for under $10.00.

MamaKanga
05-31-2005, 02:31 PM
I buy flats from an older man who sells them from his backyard and I pay $9 per, so your price seems about right for a commercial grower. Ask around and see if you can find someone who sells flowers on the side. The quality is awesome and the price is right!

Lady TS
06-04-2005, 04:57 PM
We try to buy from the local growers. SIL and MIL and I go on Mother's Day weekend to like 3-5 different places around here. The prices varied from I think $8.50-$13.00 a flat.

IME, the grocery store plants aren't as healthy looking and are smaller, but that might just be around here :shrug The ones in CO grocery stores seemed better than the ones I saw here in OH.

Also, the $ of plants per flat varies from place to place. Maybe that's one reason the price varies so much also?