PDA

View Full Version : wish list for new baby.. help!

Cherish
05-30-2005, 11:27 AM
I cloth diapered Lily for 6 months, and used Bummis and similar, as well as FuzziBunz. I never got around to getting medium and large covers, or wetbags, so cloth diapering stopped pretty soon after six months.

This time, I would like to be more prepared! I love pocket diapers, and would like to also try some fleece, some hemp, and some AIOs. I have 3 wetbags as well as a minishower on my wish list.

I have about 25 small/newborn covers and a large pile of flat DSQs. I want to get a few more smalls just to try other kinds out, and if I like them, would buy more mediums and larges of those kinds. My last baby was 9 lbs 4 oz when she came out, so I don't need much in the really small department!

Here are the covers/types/vendors I have, just from clocking through WAHM sites. Does anyone have commentary on these or would want to offer substitutes if they have tried and disliked any here for some reason? This is certainly not a comprehensive list of how many of each I need. I need a lot more mediums and larges of things... but I want to sample some new ways to CD too, while baby is small.

Motherease AIOs s/m/l or one size OR starter package $72

apronstringsbabythings.com: sm Periwinkle polarfleece, sm harbor seal polarfleece, med spring rose microfleece,

punkinbutt.com: 2 stacinator deluxe fleece cover and fuzzy doublers, one small, one medium

diaperbabies.com: FuzzyWrap AIO prints: blue rosebud aio, pink rosebuds aio

happyheinys.com happy hempy small/medium. (for use with stacinator fleece cover) and some stuffins

lucyshopechest.com one dora med., one shortcake 2 med, one ladybugs small custom made woven covers

manyducksdiapers.com happy garden bugs AIO

naturalbabies.com: kissaluvs size 0 and size 1 fleece/terry combo

FuzziBunz/JoeyBuns/similar by WAHM med and large

cotton prefolds and flat diapers, chinese prefolds from apronstrings

Lady TS
05-30-2005, 07:08 PM
I have used mostly Chinese prefolds, Snappis(when my ds' have gotten mobile) and covers of some sort(Bummis, Proraps, Litewraps, Polar Babies, some wool, etc), topped with rice paper liners once they started solids so I wouldn't have to dunk/swish/spray. That has been the most cost-effective solution for us. I have a few fitteds and other miscellaneous items now, but honestly I think I'd do better to just have the CPF's and covers. I only recently started using doublers and ds is 27mos old. I do change him often, though.

I have had problems with my hemp stinking and have had to strip it a few times. We do have very hard water, so that might have something to do with it. My hemp is Joeybunz, Hemparoos, Polar Babies Toddler prefolds and Polar Babies fleece liners backed with a layer of hemp(what I use when I don't use the rice paper liners--the poo usually falls right off, and they offer a bit more absorbency).

I do have one Fuzzibunz and I stuff it with 1 or 2 microfiber towels(purchased at Sam's but I'm sure you can get them other places). Works great and they dry fairly quickly. For some reason, though, my ds gets a rash/irritated sometimes when he wears it overnight. I don't know if it's too hot on him or he is reacting to the fleece or what. They fit him great though and work really well and fit well under his clothing in the daytime.

Hope that helps!