PDA

View Full Version : crock pot questions

newdawn
05-29-2005, 06:14 PM
I got a (Walmart?) crock pot as a wedding gift about 5 years ago. But every time I cook in it, it scorches the sides. Liquids cook away. Meat dries out to inedible shoe leather. I've followed recipes & had them burn. So I've basically given up on my crockpot. (The only 2 successful things I've cooked in mine are spaghetti sauce a friend taught me, and a Betty Crocker frozen crockpot meal.) What am I doing wrong? Is it me or the crockpot? What crockpots do you use? I heard that older crockpots regulate temperature alot better and that that's why I'm having trouble.

Punkie
05-29-2005, 06:16 PM
Hmm, it sounds like you have a bad crock pot. If all of your liquid is cooking away, I'm guessing that the lid doesn't seal very well on there :shrug

I love mine, but if it made everything into shoe leather, I'd definitely dump it!

Mothering by Heart
05-29-2005, 06:18 PM
I just replied saying you probably have a bum crock-pot but my post disappeared :think I would think it was the lid, too. Have you tried only cooking on low?

gamomof2
05-29-2005, 07:47 PM
I agree; it must be the crockpot. I've never had *anything* scorch or burn. :think

Thia
05-30-2005, 06:00 AM
On one of ours, the lid doesn't seal right and we have to keep an eye on it. That could be the problem.

TulipMama
05-31-2005, 02:17 PM
Sounds like a crockpot problem. I had a bum one, too, once.

I'd recommend e-mailing the manufacturer, and see what they say.