PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide on some nighttime diapers

milkmommy
05-28-2005, 02:36 PM
My mother wants to buy Cecilia a set of nighttime cloth diapers we've been using disposables but its getting expensive. So I need ideas. I know I want a fitted and cover system. I don't want to use pockets I have plenty of those, I don't want wool. Ideal would be for a good onesize diaper system. I'd like to keep it around $60 and have enough for three nights.

Deanna

DogwoodMama
05-28-2005, 02:38 PM
We use wonderoos with help stuffers and that works for us. :shrug

milkmommy
05-28-2005, 02:46 PM
I don't like my DD in wonderoos at night they are our main daytime diaper but 1) shes at the end weight and if we stuff for nighttime it pinches her too much 2) their too hot for nighttime I want something with better flow.

Deanna

DogwoodMama
05-28-2005, 02:47 PM
You said you don't want wool, but I think wool with a good thick fitted & an extra stuffer would do the trick... wool has the best airflow of anything...

milkmommy
05-28-2005, 02:58 PM
Shes sensitive to wool and breaks out :(
:giggle I feel tlike I'm shooting down all your suggestions :hug

Deanna

DogwoodMama
05-28-2005, 03:00 PM
It's OK. :)

I have another one... Motherease air-flows are about the most breathable PUL covers I know of... have you tried them? You won't get extra absorbancy, but you will get a bit more room for stuffing & some breathability. :think

milkmommy
05-28-2005, 03:06 PM
It's OK. :)

I have another one... Motherease air-flows are about the most breathable PUL covers I know of... have you tried them? You won't get extra absorbancy, but you will get a bit more room for stuffing & some breathability. :think

:tu :giggle were finally thinking alike ;) I love the air flows and I'm thinking of getting a few one size with doubler and the airflow cover. I only have one ME diaper and it was pretty used once I got it any idea if these would be good for night? What about the regular VS stay dry?

Deanna

DogwoodMama
05-28-2005, 03:07 PM
what about ME Sandy's, aren't they supposed to be pretty absorbant?

Moon
05-28-2005, 03:18 PM
You can get Stacinators in fleece, it'd be more breathable than PUL. I'm not sure how much they run, there's other fleece covers with no pul inbetween too.

I'm in the same boat right now, the stuff we've always used for nighttime isn't working anymore. I picked up a Firefly Night Light (hemp fitted) that rocks for absorbancy, but the rise is too long for Moose, it gapes at the legs. Some of the things that have been suggested to me are:
Schnoogly Wear UNDers (www.schnoogly.com), hemp fitted made beefy for nighttime
SOS fitteds
Little Beetle hemp fitteds here (http://www.betterforbabies.com/littlebeetlediapers.html)
Cuddlebuns bikini cut
Benjamuffins Nightdreamers
Ecobunz hemp fitteds here (http://ecobunz.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1) which is the one I'm leaning towards, they're $16 new, but seconds are only $10.

(If I didn't link you that means I don't know where to get 'em, a google search should turn them up quickly)

GodisGood
05-28-2005, 03:25 PM
Bear Bottoms fleece pull-ons!!!! Wonderful covers....one-sizes Baby Greens hemp! :nak

DogwoodMama
05-28-2005, 03:34 PM
Fleece is a good alternative to wool... it's not quite as scratchy & still has some absorbancy to it. :tu

anniegirl
05-28-2005, 05:59 PM
I say go for the fleece! :tu That's how I finally solved ds's nighttime leaking problem -- I made some fleece covers, they work great and I like that they're breathable. I was thisclose to trying wool, but in the end I think I'm too lazy for it and I was afraid ds's skin wouldn't like it anyway.

wuzzie
05-30-2005, 10:03 AM
DO NOT go woth the Motherease onesize. The Sandies fit much longer and are more absorbant. My 26 pounder barely squeezes into the onesizers with a doubler, but the Sandies are really almost too big. Go with the Sandies, the Larges fit my 40 pound 5 year old as well as Luke.

milkmommy
05-30-2005, 10:10 AM
DO NOT go woth the Motherease onesize. The Sandies fit much longer and are more absorbant. My 26 pounder barely squeezes into the onesizers with a doubler, but the Sandies are really almost too big. Go with the Sandies, the Larges fit my 40 pound 5 year old as well as Luke.

Are they really more assorbent? According to their website a large sandys with stay dry doubler VS OS wih stay dry doubler the sandy combination only provided 1oz more protection. I have a MEOS here and while it has no doubler it fits DD quite well, I've used a infant prefold as a doubler and it still sits well even a bit loose. Will the sandy's fit well under a ME air flow? I'm still deciding. Trouble now is I need these NOW before I leave for Texas, ME will take too long. Know of anyplace that delivers super fast and one that takes American express? (gift card)

Deanna

GodisGood
05-30-2005, 10:34 AM
I think only Motherease sells motherease...I'm not sure though. If you're looking for other things, we sell ship next business day and accept AMEX.

milkmommy
05-30-2005, 10:38 AM
I think only Motherease sells motherease...I'm not sure though. If you're looking for other things, we sell ship next business day and accept AMEX.

Checking you out! :tu

Deanna

wuzzie
05-30-2005, 07:16 PM

Deanna

Yeah, only Motherease sells Motherease ON THE WEB. I have seen them sold in 2 different brick and mortor stores though. There is one about half an hour from my house. And yes, the sandies fit under the Airflow covers easily.

milkmommy
05-30-2005, 07:42 PM

Deanna

Yeah, only Motherease sells Motherease ON THE WEB. I have seen them sold in 2 different brick and mortor stores though. There is one about half an hour from my house. And yes, the sandies fit under the Airflow covers easily.

Thanks thats what I thought I'm getting a few need now items from Nuturemama and will be waiting on the nighttime combos for now. Good to know about the sandys though :tu

Deanna

IslandMama
06-02-2005, 10:41 PM
I say go for the fleece! :tu That's how I finally solved ds's nighttime leaking problem -- I made some fleece covers, they work great and I like that they're breathable.

I agree that fleece is the only thing has worked for me! I used a fleece cover (there are Stacinators and some great WAHM made ones, with snaps or loop fasteners) with a premium prefold, and a doubler covered with fleece next to dd's skin. Very rarely have leaks as the fleece allows for airflow. And the fleece is so soft for baby's skin. Only drawback is baby will have a big bottom at night, and you may have to go up a size in pjs! :lol

Anita