PDA

View Full Version : creams & cloth dipes?

GodChick
05-27-2005, 04:22 PM
i've been looking to switch from sposies to cloth, and been considering ME or FB and have a ques. dd1 had labial adhesions (labia fused together) and doc advised use of vaseline to prevent recurrnce and as prophylaxis for dd2. i'm using lansinoh lanolin instead cuz dont like putting petroleum on their genitals. but will this affect the absobency of the dipes?

Lady TS
05-28-2005, 06:57 PM
If I recall correctly, lansinoh stains dipes. I haven't used it in some time on bottoms so I don't remember for sure.

What you could do is just keep using the lansinoh and put a rice paper liner in the diaper between her and the fleece. Kinda defeats the softness of the fleece factor of the diaper but it protect the diaper from the lansinoh/whatever cream you use.

The pee should go right thru the rice paper liner and the fleece--shouldn't cause any problems with using the dipes.

Radosny Matka
05-28-2005, 07:15 PM
I often use Aquaphor (which is essentially vaseline), and it doesn't stain or affect the absorbancy. I have used Lansinoh in the past, and I don't remember any staining (but that doesn't mean it won't)...

wuzzie
05-30-2005, 07:19 PM
It CAN stain if you are using a ton. But if you are only using a tiny bit it should be fine. And if it gets on the dipes it does eventually wash out if you are using hot water. It won't really affect the absorbancy unless you are using gobs each time and it's getting all over the diapers.

anniegirl
05-30-2005, 09:08 PM
If you use FBs the lanolin might make the fleece repel. You might just have to try it and see. I think if your water is hot enough it would dissolve it pretty well though.