PDA

View Full Version : Substitute for yogurt?

MarynMunchkins
05-27-2005, 11:46 AM
I'm hosting my fil's 60th bday party tomorrow. :hb I found a recipe for a cake that I think everyone will eat, but forgot to buy the vanilla yogurt to go in it, and I'm not going out again if I can help it.

You think I can substitute sour cream or mayonaise for it? It's in the cake, so I don't think you'd notice the flavor difference too much. :think I just don't want to go back to the store. :P

flowermama
02-15-2006, 11:23 AM
What did you end up adding to the cake? I'm curious! :yes And did you like the cake? I'm not sure if I've ever made a cake with yogurt in it. Sounds like a good ingredient to add, though. :think

snlmama
02-15-2006, 01:13 PM
I've subbed plain yogurt for sour cream, so I guess you could exchange it the other way... :shrug What did you end up doing and how did it turn out?

Singingmom
02-15-2006, 01:15 PM
I was going to say sour cream with a little vanilla, then I saw the date of your question! Do you even remember how it turned out? :giggle

Bonnie
02-15-2006, 01:16 PM
I've subbed plain yogurt for sour cream, so I guess you could exchange it the other way... :shrug What did you end up doing and how did it turn out?

Inquiring minds and all that...