PDA

View Full Version : Help me identify this plant, please?

Maggie
05-24-2005, 11:48 PM
It might be a weed. I'm not sure. The larger leaves are 3-4 inches long to a narrow point, heart-shaped at the base. The taller plants were about 2.5 feet, I guess. The roots are shallow at less than 2 inches. Some of them are intertwined with the roots of dead, dry tall stalks with seed pods on them, taller than the plants. The leaves and stems are pretty smooth, I think. New small leaves are coming out at the top of the plant in a little cluster. I bet a picture would help a lot. I'll try to take one and post it. Does anybody have any idea what this is? Thanks!

Lady TS
05-25-2005, 08:04 AM
:think
Waiting for the pic, because I have no idea! :)

Maggie
05-25-2005, 08:58 AM
OK! I'll try to get one up tonight, maybe! :)

tempus vernum
05-25-2005, 01:18 PM
Okay, I think I know what you mean and I think we have that - does it climb up stuff too? If we have the same stuff it is a weed :/

Maggie
05-25-2005, 01:28 PM
I'm not sure, Jodi. At least, I've never seen it climb anything. It's been frustrating me b/c I've looked in several books and can't find it! Argh! Can you post a pic of yours, by any chance? I will still try to post a pic of mine. Thanks for your post! :)

Maggie
06-20-2005, 03:07 AM
Well, I think I've identified the stuff! Sorry I didn't get a pic up. It's creeping bellflower (http://www.missouriplants.com/Bluealt/Campanula_rapunculoides_page.html). Pretty purple flowers. The plant is just a little too prolific! We'll keep some, though. :)

tempus vernum
06-20-2005, 11:47 AM
That looks similar to what we have/had. It sure is pretty though!

*edited cuz apparently I type my childs name more than "looks" :O

eoconnel
06-22-2005, 12:09 PM
I am glad that you figured out what it is. Even if something is not a weed, if I have too many I don't like it.