PDA

View Full Version : Ezzo critiques...interesting document!

ChristmasGirl
05-24-2005, 12:44 PM
I just ran across an interesting report http://www.ezzo.info/Aney/drmcclain.pdf put together by a principal/pastor of a christian school in Idaho. The article is from 2001, and covers the four following concerns:

Missing biblical cornerstones
mishandling of scripture
presence of legalism
questionable views of child development

Esp. for those of you that are looking for more resources like this, i thought this would be great. i've only skimmed it, but it looks useful. esp. there is a list of scriptures and whether he felt they were misapplied, taken out of context, etc. HTH

TulipMama
05-25-2005, 01:18 PM
*grin*

That's one that had a huge impact on me, and I constantly quote it. (In fact, just did in the thread I replied to right before this!)

Tulip_Plus_3
05-25-2005, 08:18 PM
I found this article very informative, well-thought out, and compelling. Thank you for sharing. And may I just share my own shock at some of the utter nonsense that's taught at these seminars? I mean, really, comparing the agony Christ suffered on the cross with the agony infants go through as they cry in their cribs while their parents ignore them. Come on! Christ was an adult. He was God himself, and certainly knew what he was doing and why. He did it voluntarily. Just how does that compare to a mortal human baby with no reason or comprehension crying in a crib? Also, I laughed myself silly at the shopping cart thing. Truly, how can anyone say that to not return a shopping cart to the inside of the store is an indication of an immoral person? Goodness gracious, this is absurd! And you know what? Tonight I saw a woman rushing a cart back inside the store, and you know what crossed my mind? "There goes a woman who beats her kids!". Not "There goes a Godly Christian woman who's morals are above suspicion". No, all I could think of was that she hits her kids. Made me just sick. And I also think Ezzo is simply insane for this line of argument because it means that *I* am an immoral person because I don't leave my child(ren) alone in the car so I can push the stupid cart to the front of the store. So would that be what Ezzo would prefer? That I abandon my kids and walk the long distance back to the store with the cart, just to prove to others that I'm a Christian? It's better to leave my kids alone in the car, possibly a hot car in the summertime, perhaps with a child molester or kidnapper patroling the lot??? That's what God would prefer me to do?

What a dork! How can anyone take this kind of garbage seriously???