PDA

View Full Version : Diaper rash...

Shawn
05-24-2005, 04:51 AM
Little M has diaper rash. It started up last week, so I've been stripping her diapers. Everytime I do a load of dipes, I run at least 5 rinse hot/cold cycles. It's not really helping. Yesterday she was raw :( Any advice?

Edited to add:

What are some natural diaper rash soothers?

Lady TS
05-24-2005, 06:05 AM
Do your dipes stink when your dd wets?

Does your detergent have enzymes? I found that mine did, so I switched detergents and it's been a lot better since then.

My favorite diaper cream is Burt's Bees. It's spendy, but it seems to work every time!

Shawn
05-24-2005, 06:57 AM
M's don't stink. I found one of D's that did, but I think I've taken care of the problem. I had been using Melaluca detergant, but ran out, so we switched to Bi-O-Clean(sp?). Don't know it that has enzymes or not. :think

milkmommy
05-24-2005, 09:59 AM
GSE!!!!!!!! If we leave it out of our wash rountinue DD gets horrid rashes, its been worth it sooo much!

Deanna

Radosny Matka
05-24-2005, 11:39 AM
I have a friend who swears by mylanta. :shrug She uses in on her dd's bum, and it works wonders. I use Burt's Bee's diaper rash cream. Now that stuff truly works wonders. :D

Moon
05-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I liked the Burt's Bees too, along with lotsa baths and open air on the bum. Have you tried letting baby go coverless for awhile to see if that helps?

Shawn
05-25-2005, 04:47 PM
What is GSE?

I got some Happy Heiny lotion from Mama Groove Herbs. It's a local business...I've only used it a few times, so I don't know if it works yet...It smells good, though!

I letter her lay around with out a dipe on as much as possible yesterday. It definately helped. Maybe I'll give EC a go ;)

milkmommy
05-25-2005, 05:23 PM
GSE grapefruit seed extract I add like 20-25 drops to my wash cycle has had amazing results on my daughters skin.
http://www.punkinbutt.com/access_frontpage.asp scroll down and you'll see some
Deanna

MamaJamie
05-25-2005, 06:37 PM
Lots of air always helps here. Using vinegar in the rinse has helped some as well.

j

wuzzie
05-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Are you using BioKleen Plus? The plus has GSE in it, read your box. That's what we use and never have had a problem with it. What Melaluca has that BioKleen doesn't is the tto. I'd try adding some of that. It is really good against yeast growth, so if you stopped using it then maybe you have a yeast problem. I's add 10 drops tto to your wash to kill any fungi in the dipes. Raw bleeding rashes are usually yeast rashes. You can use a tto in your wipes solution too (diluted!) or some lavander. Both are good for yeasty rashes. Burts Bees is also good for yeasty rashes, but stains your diapers.

Shawn
05-27-2005, 05:59 AM
The new lotion I got irritates her skin :( I've been putting PJ on her when I do put a diaper on her, but otherwise letting her air out.

Oh, I wish I could read the box! We buy from the bulk bin. Next time we go I'll check it out. Last night I was thinking about the absence of the tto. I had been adding lavander oil to my wipe solution, but stopped b/c the oil was never conveinent when I need it.

Her rash isn't bleeding, but at it's worst was very raw. :( Thanks for all the help! :-)