PDA

View Full Version : Favorite flowers?

Lady TS
05-23-2005, 02:55 PM
What are your favorite flowers?
I like a lot of flowers, but these are my favorites and what I got this year:

Streptocarpella Concord Blue--in my hanging baskets on the porch. A fuzzy leafed plant with purply flowes that trails down the sides and the hummingbirds love it.

Geraniums--I got a Rose Geranium and yum! Plus a citronella one(lemony scent) and some red ones.

Dianthus

Verbena--so many colors this year! I really like the pink ones

Blue lobelia

Plectranthus-Silver leaf Nicolleta--a shade plant with fuzzy silver leaves--new this year

Licorice plant--another silvery leafed plant that's kinda fuzzy--filler plant

These daisy-looking flowers that have a dark center and they open in the morning and close at night. Don't remember the name. I got purple ones and white/purple ones

And of course, I love Cosmos and Calendula and Marigolds and and and.....

So, what's on your flower list?

Gailmegan
05-23-2005, 03:01 PM
I love lots of flowers, but my favorite to grow myself are pansies. I love all the different color combinations. They are just so bright and cheerful. :)

MamaKanga
05-23-2005, 05:18 PM
Blue lobelia

I *love* this flower! It's always on my list!

Wave petunias

Tiny tunias

dianthus

coleus

portulaca (sooooo hardy & drought tolerant)

roses

iris

ajuga

any type of daisy

spider flowers

cosmos

scabiosa

Oh, I could go on & on! :mrgreen

TheSweetLife
05-24-2005, 12:23 PM
We live in a hot climate and have basically no shade in our yard so my flower options are a bit limited. some of my favorites are lilacs but they won't grow here. I also really like Zinnias for cutting and they grow beautifully for a long time here. I planted somd dahlias and peonys also but only one came up and I'm not sure which one it is yet from the leaves so its a surprise :smile I'm also trying to grow some morning glories along our fence and I really hope they spread like crazy!

serenemama
07-09-2005, 06:55 PM
Red and yellow columbine, russian sage, lavendar, cosmos.

JellyBeansSlingMom
08-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Hmm my fav flower is hydragenias but they don't grow well here. Sigh

I love to plant purple salvia, coneflower, butterfly bush, russian sage, cosmos and sunflowers. I experiemented with russian sage this year and it looks awesome!!