PDA

View Full Version : Squirmy baby

Saphirah
05-22-2005, 08:38 PM
I just wondering how everyone's babies fell asleep and if this is weird. I nurse/rock Joshi to sleep then put him in bed. But lately he has been VERY squirmy. He does this body ripple thing and snorts and arches his back, kicks his legs, bats at my bra, pulls his hair, scratches his face, rolls his head back and forth, moves in anyway possible. It is very hard to get him to relax enough to fall asleep. Is this what happens when he works on a new skill? (starting to get up on his hands and knees) And with it being warm now he gets all sweaty during his little exercise session then I get sweaty and it's generally not comfortable. We haven't changed anything from our bedtime routine and nothing major during the day. So what do you think?

gentlemama
05-23-2005, 09:02 AM
My baby is younger than yours; he is three months old. I have been surprised that he still needs to be swaddled every time he sleeps. If I don't wrap him tightly, he squirms and scratches his face, and punches himself. I really thought he would be over this by now, but we have even had to upgrade to two blankets. One to swaddle him, and another to wrap around afterward to keep it tight. If he even gets one arm out in the night, I have to re-swaddle, and he falls right back to sleep! It's really quite comical, but the change is night and day when he is swaddled in a blanket. He sleeps so peacefully!

I don't know if that would help in your situation, but you could try.

Saphirah
05-23-2005, 02:58 PM
Yeah I did the swaddling after he was done nursing because he would scratch his face. Doesn't work anymore he kicks it off with his gymnastics and gets really warm.