PDA

View Full Version : Digital pics... storing and organizing...

This Busy Mom
05-22-2005, 06:55 PM
My pics are all my computer. I want to get them off. I'm afraid to burn them on cd's because I've had problems with the last couple cd's I burned (probably operator related).

How do you organize and store your digital pics? I want to make it so dh can find what he wants. I understand my system, but he doesn't.

SingingPraise
05-22-2005, 08:30 PM
I've been burning to cdroms. The safest thing I can think of to do with them. Then I delete old pics off the computer to make room and label the cd's. I'm also the type who gets my favorite pics in hard copy into photo albums lol

This Busy Mom
05-22-2005, 08:44 PM
Maybe I need better cd's.

2sunshines
05-23-2005, 06:27 PM
We save them on our harddrive in folders by the year and then by the month. Within a month's folder, I may also have subfolders if I have enough pictures of one special events. I also burn them to a cd once a year but as of yet, we have never pulled any off of our harddrive (we've had digital since 2001 so that adds up to a lot of pictures) and as of yet it hasn't been a problem. I just burn to a cd as back up at this point. I'm sure at some point, I will need to also delete from my computer...

DogwoodMama
05-23-2005, 06:41 PM
We have PSE 3 which allows you to "tag" your pics for searching... so a pic of charlotte @ grandma's would be tagged charlotte, & NC (person & place). You can tag blocks of photos. It's a really cool feature, I love it. We have a huge hardrive, so we keep them there & dh backs them up on CDs occassionally. :)