PDA

View Full Version : What's for dinner?

RealLifeMama
05-20-2005, 03:42 PM
Egads! It is 6:30 and I have nothing for dinner!
I have stuff, but I started too late!
It is too late to roast the chicken I have.
I have some asian green mix and soba noodles, but I want to save that for when I have toasted sesame oil, and I bought non-toasted, :rolleyes
Too late to cook anything with beans, except chick peas which I already cooked.
I could make pasta w/ chick peas and kale, but we had pasta last night.
I have some Boca burgers, but no buns.
I could whip up pizza but I did that Tuesday, LOL.
Broccoli soup sounds tasty, I wonder if I can come up w/ a quick recipe that won't take as long as the chicken.
I could whip up some corn muffins as a goalong.
Hmmmmm, maybe if I keep typing I'd come up with something!

What are you having?

Mama Calidad
05-23-2005, 03:14 PM
This is way to late to be of any help to you, but when we're in that situation, we usually make spaghetti or squash/potato/carrott/onion/garlic tacos (I'd call them mixed veggie tacos, but wouldn't want you to think the recipe went "take a can of veg-all..."). :lol

2sunshines
05-23-2005, 03:17 PM
We had a last minute dinner too -- we cooked up a couple of steaks, stir fried some veggies, and made some macaroni and cheese and called it dinner. :grin

ArmsOfLove
05-23-2005, 03:29 PM
I actually made dinner first thing this morning :)

It's lasagna, sauteed asparagus (the only thing needing to be made ;) ), and peanut butter pie!!!! I'm so excited for desert :D

jujubnme
05-23-2005, 03:33 PM
I'm making a new recipe for Ginger Orange Chicken right now. I'll serve with rice and steamed broccoli.

MamatoBiz
05-23-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm feeling lost for dinner today as well. Too late to defrost the chicken or roast, sick of pasta, limited veggies...no idea here.

The other hard thing is that I have developed a severe distaste for meat. I was this way when PG but since AF just left last week I know that's not it. I try, but as soon as the meat is in my mouth i have to spit it back out. I was raised vegan, so maybe I've outgrown my rebellious carnivorous phase and I'm drifting back to home ground? My dh is really unhappy about this, as he is a born and raised Texan kill-it-yourself-and-eat-it kind of guy.

Beyond Blessed
05-23-2005, 03:41 PM
Salsa chicken! :tol roll chicken in tortiallas and bake for 45 min - then cover with salsa & cheese and bake till cheese melts. yummmm

Cherish
05-23-2005, 03:50 PM
i needed to make a pork lion that had thawed over the weekend, unused for Sunday dinner. Rubbed it with salt, pepper, and sage, cooked 45 mins per pound on 350. Made gravy from pan drippings. Making garlic rosemary smashed red potatos and frozen green beans with ital dressing mixed in.