PDA

View Full Version : yankee candle scents

mandyrberry
05-20-2005, 10:30 AM
My mom got me a $50 gift card fro that store but there is not one near us. So i can use it on line, but i dont know what they smell like. So if i tell you what scents i tend to lkie can you suggest something?
i like to have food scents instead of flowers. I get migraines from flowery stuff. I love Cranberry, Sanfdalwood, vanilla, mango and peach. ect.
what would you reccomend?

Leslie
05-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Vanilla Cookie. It's my favorite scent, not too sickenly sweet, light and pleasant, like cookies in the oven.

I had some burning when Miranda was born. :-)

poetmom
05-20-2005, 10:33 AM
There's one called, I think, Cranberry Chutney, that I like. Blueberry Pie is yummy. as is chocolate chip cookie dough. :)

Havilah
05-20-2005, 10:34 AM
My MIL also can't take the flowery scents, and she got me started on Macintosh. Smells apple fresh, but isn't too strong :yum

cklewis
05-20-2005, 11:15 AM
Green grass is luscious. My fav is Midnight something-er-other. Smells like my DH. :kiss

C

julbug
05-20-2005, 11:25 AM
Absolute fave is MacIntosh apple! I used to work at a store that sold them so I got to smell them all and that one is fabulous. I'm planning on having one going during labor too.

blessedwithboys
05-20-2005, 12:48 PM
Definatly Macintosh! :yum I also really enjoy the Christmas Cookie scent. ITA that the food scents are better than the floral ones! :tu

jmh1013
05-20-2005, 12:57 PM
I like Macintosh-------but my absolute favorite-fight you for the last one smell----is BUTTERCREAM-----It makes you won't to get a spoon and dig IN.........smells like yummy cake batter baking........hmmmm...........off to yankee candle

mandyrberry
05-20-2005, 04:29 PM
one more question and then i swear i am done and off to order. Have any of you ever used the wax potpourri burners? and are they worth it? thanks i am so excited

Punkie
05-20-2005, 04:51 PM
I use their tarts and tart burners all of the time :) As a native-Floridian, the tropical scents are really comforting to me, so I like their new Carrirbean Fruit, Pineapple, Sunwashed Linen (not fruity, but so clean!), Fresh Melon, and Summer Fresh (I think that's what its called). All of the above mentioned ones by the pp are great too!

Mamaka
05-21-2005, 01:39 PM
:tu on vanilla cookie/sugar cookie/christmas cookie (think it's the same scent, they just change the name depending on the season) and on buttercream and fresh linen. They also have some nice vanilla combination candles like carmel vanilla etc. :) Let us know what you get, I'm always on the look out for more yummy smelling candles.

Leslie
05-21-2005, 01:47 PM
I'm always on the look out for more yummy smelling candles.

Me too! So many foods are off-limits, so I compensate by buying candles that smell like food! :lol

It sounds like I need to go to the mall to smell the MacIntosh scent.

Marrae
05-21-2005, 02:36 PM
The Macintosh apple one is great. I also like Clean Cotton and Home Sweet Home (kinda cinnamony). I've got Fresh Comfort at the moment but it's a bit strong. Every time I light it, dh blows it out. :/

gamomof2
05-22-2005, 01:33 AM
My two very favorites from Yankee are cranberry chutney and macintosh apple. :yum

GrumpyMom
05-24-2005, 11:05 AM
I love the brown sugar scent. also the sage and citrus. What's a tart and tart burner?

Radosny Matka
05-24-2005, 12:02 PM
pumpkin spice. mmmmmmm

gamomof2
05-25-2005, 09:45 AM
What's a tart and tart burner

A tart is a piece of wax potpourri that is in a disk like shape. Tart warmers are a little stand that has a surface to sit the tart on, and then a place underneath for a tea light candle. When you light the candle, it warms the tart and melts it. They smell sooo good; you can get them in any scent that the candles come in. They have all different kinds of really neat tart warmers. Here are the tarts (http://www.yankeecandle.com/cgi-bin/ycbvp/listing.jsp?category=%2fRetail%2fCandles%2fTarts%2 6reg%3b+Wax+Potpourri) and here is an example of tart warmers (http://www.yankeecandle.com/cgi-bin/ycbvp/listing.jsp?category=%2fRetail%2fCandle+Accessorie s%2fWax+Potpourri+Burners)

MamaJamie
05-25-2005, 06:33 PM
Buttercream and Pumpkin Pie are our favorites. Our unity candles were buttercream:)

j

mandyrberry
05-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Well, i finaly ordered. I got a macintosh, rice milk, vanilla sandalwood, cranberry chutney, and buttercream. thanks for all the input. i can tell i am going to want lots of these candles!

Leslie
05-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Rice milk?? There's scent called rice milk?

Soliloquy
05-25-2005, 07:54 PM
My MIL also can't take the flowery scents, and she got me started on Macintosh. Smells apple fresh, but isn't too strong :yum

Ditto the Macintosh. It's not like other "apple" scents that smell like a Jolly Rancher :blah. It actually smells like you're slicing an apple.

mylittlemen
05-27-2005, 01:33 AM
MMmm...McIntosh! I have one in the house now even though it's "taboo" - Ssshhh! I'm a PartyLite consultant!! Of course I love to burn my PL candles but my DH loves Yankee too. Right now we're all into the summer thing, citrus, etc. If you're a candle lover feel free to PM me, you can get flots of free candles for taking up a catalog order. I need to go over and post in the home business area so I can get the word out. :)

hsgbdmama
05-31-2005, 06:29 PM
Harvest
Pumpkin Spice
Macintosh (dh's absolute fav)

And my two absolute faves:

Christmas Eve :heart :tu
Home for the Holidays :heart :candle

Boys and Angels
05-31-2005, 08:50 PM
I like Macintosh-------but my absolute favorite-fight you for the last one smell----is BUTTERCREAM-----It makes you won't to get a spoon and dig IN.........smells like yummy cake batter baking........hmmmm...........off to yankee candle

My favorite, too! I also love:
Caramel Pecan, Hazelnut Coffee, Chocolate Chip Cookie, Pumpkin Pie, Warm Apple Crisp, Granny Smith, Vanilla Cookie, Vineyard and Coconut Bay!

Have fun shopping!

Marzipan
05-31-2005, 09:10 PM
Oh, Camille, I love Midsummers Night! Reminds me of DH too.

mandyrberry
06-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Rice milk?? There's scent called rice milk?

yes and it is soooooooo good. I just lit it this morningand oh my.

Leslie
06-01-2005, 05:56 PM
I have got to try that one. And MacIntosh. How do you like the MacIntosh?