PDA

View Full Version : Favorite un-ordinary sandwiches?

tiglet
05-19-2005, 11:00 PM
I'm really bored with pb&j, or turkey and cheese.

I recently discovered grilled cheese sandwiches with turkey, tomato, and pickles (pickle in the sandwich) and love it. So I was wondering if there are other slightly different sandwich combinations other people have found and loved. I wanna try them! (And anything involving marshmallow fluff gets tried ASAP!) :)

kris10s
05-20-2005, 05:10 AM
Lately, I have been eating turkey with feta and spinach in a pita. yum!

poetmom
05-20-2005, 05:49 AM
For me, it's ALWAYS been peanut butter and pickles! :)

poleidopy
05-20-2005, 06:16 AM
(And anything involving marshmallow fluff gets tried ASAP!) :)

LOL! DH used to eat PB & marshmallow fluff sandwiches!
I like anything with sprouts & avocado, or olives

mama2grace
05-20-2005, 06:52 AM
Well, they are pretty ordinary in the South I think, but others find my favorite sandwich weird. :shrug I LOVE banana and mayonaise sandwiches. Banana & PB is ok, banana & mayo is way better. The mayo adds a little tanginess to the sweetness of the banana. You gotta try it! :-)

Soliloquy
05-20-2005, 06:56 AM
avocado, mayo, and finely sliced carrotts (I use a Salad Shooter)

roast beef, mayo, celery salt, and feta cheese

cucumber, celery salt, and tuna or salmon salad.

if you have tomatoes fresh from the garden, just tomatoes and mayo on toasted wheat bread is awesome!

(btw, use real mayo in all of the above. Miracle Whip doesn't cut it.)

Mollycurls
05-20-2005, 09:34 AM
MMMMM Fresh tomatoes on toasted bread with mayo and a dash of s&p are sooo good :)

Another one I like is when we do a BBQ the night before and I have left over grilled veggies, I use them in a sandwhich of crusty bread (ie panini), grilled veggies, crumbled feta, and flavored mayonaise (I prefer roasted garlic flavor).

Then when we have leftover chicken there's always my curried chicken salad that goes over well. Diced chicken mixed with chopped celery, toasted pecans, mayonnaise, light sprinkle of lemon juice, and curry to taste. Serve on the bread of your choice with spouts. Delish!! :)

jujubnme
05-20-2005, 09:46 AM
Speaking of curried chicken salad, I like to make tuna salad with tuna, mayo, major grey's chutney and curry. I also sometimes copy a wrap that my favorite deli makes that includes poppy seed dressing with turkey breast, swiss cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomatoes in a tortilla wrap. Otherwise, my sandwiches are pretty standard.

Mothering by Heart
05-20-2005, 09:58 AM
Egg salad or chicken salad?

mamaKristin
05-20-2005, 11:39 AM
Yesterday, DS and I had tuna, celery, granny smith apple mixed with 2 tsp of lemon juice, 1 tsp curry powder and 3 tbs mayo on ww pita bread. YUM! He loved it.

My all-time fav sandwich is tomato (home grown is best), sharp cheddar with mayo, salt and pepper on toasted ww or multi-grain bread.

Ok, this thread is making me really hungry!

gamomof2
05-20-2005, 10:09 PM
My favorite sandwich is thinly sliced cucumbers, red onions, sprouts, tomatoes and avocado in a whole wheat pita with roasted garlic hummus. :yum :yum

I also love making lettuce wraps with diced tomato, avocado, red onion, cilantro & lots of lime juice, sprinkled with a little kosher salt. :tu

Mothering by Heart
05-20-2005, 10:21 PM
My favorite sandwich is thinly sliced cucumbers, red onions, sprouts, tomatoes and avocado in a whole wheat pita with roasted garlic hummus. :yum :yum

That sounds divine!!

tiglet
05-21-2005, 03:00 PM
These sound soooo good!

I had to print the page. :)

I think I need to go buy some crumbled feta!

Lady TS
05-22-2005, 04:04 AM
I am soooo wanting a BLAT sandwich right now! Bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato, with some mayo on toasted bread. Mmmmmmmm. The only way I get one is to make it myself or to go to this little mom and pop restaurant in Lake City, CO called the Moose Head or something like that and get it.

Oh! I'm droolin'!

MamaKanga
05-31-2005, 02:40 PM
Eggplant parmesan sandwich! Grill or fry eggplant slices till tender. Layer french baguette or loaf with spaghetti sauce, eggplant slices (1 layer), fresh basil, and top with monterry jack and parmesan cheeses. Bake until cheese is melted. YUMMY!!

Soliloquy
05-31-2005, 04:33 PM
hummus, sweet onion, tomato, lettuce. That's what I'm having tomorrow. yum!

On Mem. Day I had roast beef, carmelized onions, swiss cheese, lettuce, tomatoe, mayo, and a little horseradish. It was AWESOME!!

lasagefemme
05-31-2005, 04:38 PM
One of my favorites: Turkey, red onions & melted brie......on baguette with a good honey mustard.

A post-Thanksgiving favorite: sliced roast turkey, warm stuffing, topped with cranberry sauce on nice leftover dinner roll

tiglet
06-01-2005, 03:51 PM
One of my favorites: Turkey, red onions & melted brie......on baguette with a good honey mustard.

A post-Thanksgiving favorite: sliced roast turkey, warm stuffing, topped with cranberry sauce on nice leftover dinner roll

Oh, geez....now I want turkey, after months and months of eating turkey, I thought I was bored with it...but those sound so good. I know the post-T-day one is - but I haven't had it since December!