PDA

View Full Version : Super light weight sling

nancymom
05-19-2005, 07:16 PM
Hi ladies! Who can recommend a SUPER light weight sling? And I mean for 100-plus degree weather? Thanks!!

KoalaMommy
05-23-2005, 04:53 PM
if I were you, I'd look into a pocket sling or a non-padded ring sling. A new native might be a good option, it's a pocket that is made with a nice soft cotton. A maya wrap might be good as well. The fabric is a traditional fabric from Gautemala where heat is a factor.

I normally say my moby wrap is great, but for heat, I don't think I'd want to wrap the baby (or me)!

kris10s
05-23-2005, 07:11 PM
You might try a solarveil mesh hotsling if you are going to be near water a lot... it seems like it would be pretty cool.

MarynMunchkins
05-24-2005, 01:27 PM
I'd go with a Solarveil sling. :tu I used one last summer in Georgia, and it was fabulous. :)

semarj
05-25-2005, 03:09 PM
I just got a Maya wrap, and it's been in the mid to upper 90's this week and it isn't too bad. I mean it's pretty hot outside, so we're all sweaty anyway, but the fabric does feel pretty breathable. It is definitely more lightweight than my New Native. I haven't tried the Solarveil sling though, I will have to look into one myself.

Iarwain
05-25-2005, 03:28 PM
I dunno if you sew, but I have a couple I made out of cheap crinkle gauze that I absolutely love! The fabric was like $2/yard at Wal-Mart and they only took about 15 minutes to hem and sew the rings on. They're awesome for hot weather - thin, lightweight and cotton.

lovelymama
05-31-2005, 12:28 AM
Muslin is great for pouches. I use it in the summer. It's lightweight, breathable and dries quick when wet.