PDA

View Full Version : Dh went to an Ezzo class tonight!

PurpleButterfly
05-18-2005, 10:44 PM
But it's not what you think! We have been looking for a new church home after recently joining one that our friends are very involved with, then realizing it was not the best place for our family. We learned a serious lesson about joining a church without devoting much prayer beforehand. :blush

Anyway, I had already committed to teaching VBS with my friend (with both our dc in our class - they're also close friends), and dh had committed to helping the church with some technical solutions. We went tonight and then dh found out the tech meeting is actually next week. So, while I was in the VBS teachers meeting, dh wandered around and found an Ezzo class (GKGW) in progress, and walked in to check it out! :eek You can imagine my jaw dropped when he told he where he'd been (and I could tell he was all juiced up to deliver news he knew would shock me). :P :rolleyes

"I went to an Ezzo class tonight."

"Whaaaaaaaaaaat?"

"Yup, about eight people in there, watching a video."

"Did you say anything, did you stand up, what happened, what did you think?"

"I think we're amazing parents, that's what I think. And I feel really bad for those kids and for those parents."

:heart

I feel a personal rebellion coming on....must stand up in Ezzo class and ask people if that's what Jesus would do.... :bheart

righteous mama
05-18-2005, 11:44 PM
Oh wow! He shows great restraint. I don't think I could hold my tongue!

TulipMama
05-19-2005, 06:35 AM

"I think we're amazing parents, that's what I think. And I feel really bad for those kids and for those parents."

*mush, mush*

PurpleButterfly
05-19-2005, 06:39 AM
Well, he just woke me up super early and was about bursting at the seams with an idea for gentle parenting workshops/book/Bible study that he's clearly been quite convicted about.

I had to listen with squinty eyes but now that I'm more awake, I'm getting excited, too! :cup :grin

MarynMunchkins
05-19-2005, 06:41 AM
What a great idea! :mrgreen

OneSillyMommy
05-19-2005, 10:05 AM
nothing like growing kids gary's way to spur a guy to action :highfive

greenemama
05-19-2005, 11:03 AM

that's so great! :hearts

my dh has the same reaction when he sees kids being parented that way. he's totally like, "you rock, mama!" :heart

ArmsOfLove
05-19-2005, 11:26 AM
Kym, you and your dh are both amazing people. I can totally see him doing that to you :grin

katiekind
05-19-2005, 08:12 PM
Wow, what a neat reaction! To your husband I say :amen