PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here EC?

sarahtar
05-18-2005, 12:24 PM
We've been ECing casually since early on and have been doing it more seriously since about 9-10 months. We have about 99% poop success, and maybe 50-60% pee success while at home. DS has peed at SIL's house, but otherwise has thus far refused to pee into a potty in a strange place.

Any tips for public restrooms? DS sits on his potty at home. In public, we've been trying - I sit on the toilet, legs spread. He sits on my lap, facing me.

Irene
05-18-2005, 03:15 PM
we EC!
I found we had a very hard time out and about. I personally hate public restrooms, so maybe he was getting the vibe from me... probably. Now, I figured out, I bring the bblp along with me and like before we get out or whatever I sit him on it and he will usually go.
He stays dry if we arent out long, like an hour or two, but if its an all day thing I bring the potty with. Definitly better than trying to fight with him in the public restroom!

Tanyia
05-23-2005, 05:16 AM
We do! or at least make some attempts at it. :D We normally cartch most of the poops and some of the pees. :giggle DD is 14wks! I tried her at dh's office and she went. At this point I haven't been trying too hard when we go out! :rolleyes

sarahtar
05-23-2005, 08:15 PM
I do wish I'd started earlier - now. I mean, I originally decided to put it off because it was too overwhelming, but, looking back, I wish I'd gone ahead anyway. So 14 weeks is great!

The One Step Ahead catalog has this foldable potty seat that goes on the big potty for travel use - any thoughts on getting that? I thought maybe I could get it and then we could use it at home some so he gets used to it and then use that while out - it's smaller than taking the BBLP.

Today, he actually pooped in the big potty while we were away from home. Unusual for him to poop away from home. We were waiting for the after nap pee (and he was reluctant to pee but not struggling to get up so we just waited and waited and waited) and all of a sudden, out came a poop. whoo hoo.