PDA

View Full Version : pat yourself on the back!

Havilah
05-17-2005, 11:49 AM
Woo-hoo! What have you done to bless your home today? Let us know so we can give you a big round of applause :clap

I went to the store to buy rectangular canisters so they will fit in my cabinet neatly. Now my baking cabinet looks so much better :mrgreen

I'm leaving this thread to fold laundry. It's left over from yesterday :O The canister project was more fun ;)

Havilah
05-17-2005, 01:04 PM
:woohoo

I feel *so* much better in the morning when the house is clean, too. I've gotten out of the habit of evening cleaning, but I'm really trying to get back into the swing. :)

Abinsmom
05-17-2005, 01:24 PM
I vac'd my wood floors and also the disgusting spot left when a workman hauled out my old dishwasher and before he installed the new one! Amazing all that sawdust and other vac-sucking gunk has been collecting all these years (9)! Yikes!

Oh, and I scrubbed the powder room toilet. I should scrub ALL the toilets, but I'm just not that motivated. I hate cleaning toilets, so need a lot of encouragement to do the two we use most often! Can you help?

MarynMunchkins
05-17-2005, 01:58 PM
I washed walls. :rolleyes New house and grubby fingerprints...;)

Mothering by Heart
05-17-2005, 02:04 PM
WTG mamas! :tu

I have kept my dining room and kitchen spotless for two whole days :cool I have put everything away when I was done with it, kept the floor swept and the counters wiped down :)

DogwoodMama
05-17-2005, 02:16 PM
I haven't done much today... I put away dd's diapers and have cleaned up various messes all day... but we are having an easy supper tonight b/c I need to get things under control in a 3-part plan to have my house looking good by Friday morning...My friend who has one of those SUPER CLEAN houses with NO CLUTTER (like their phone message center is perfectly organized! :eek :lol) is coming with her son for a playdate Friday morning... so I'm motivated to get this place looking spiffy...

Tonight: Declutter, put away stuff (anyone else find hair barretts and toddler socks like all over their house? And bits of cheese? :shrug :lol)... Wednesday- Clean bathroom, kitchen....
Thursday- sweep, dust, clean glass, make everything 'purty...

Ok, I'm patting myself on the back to make a plan... now to actually *do* it!!! ;)

toymama
05-17-2005, 02:46 PM
I went home today on my lunch hour and did the dishes and took the trash out :tu

I also went to the car wash and washed and vaccummed the car out. :clap

Havilah
05-17-2005, 03:20 PM
I should scrub ALL the toilets, but I'm just not that motivated. I hate cleaning toilets, so need a lot of encouragement to do the two we use most often! Can you help? I'm also really bad about this :blush Maybe I'll take care of them tonight. We've got some slimy ring action going on in the master bath. Let's do it!

You can do it, BetsyPage! I love having folks over because it really motivates me to get things into shape. I need to have company at least once a week :O

I went home today on my lunch hour and did the dishes and took the trash out thumbs up

I also went to the car wash and washed and vaccummed the car out. clap
WTG Toymama... on top of a regular WOHM day! I'm very impressed :highfive

I have put everything away when I was done with it, kept the floor swept and the counters wiped down
Mothering By Heart, you are my hero :mrgreen This is my goal!! I leave a trail of destruction all day long, then run around like a nut trying to clean it up. I'm trying to retrain myself but it's been slow going.

And Mary... are you allowed to be part of this thread? ;) If you are unpacked and organized enough to be washing the walls you are no friend of mine ;) :mrgreen

MarynMunchkins
05-17-2005, 03:21 PM
:lol

The OCD comes in handy every once in a while. :P

tree_hugger
05-18-2005, 02:07 AM
I also went to the car wash and washed and vaccummed the car out. :clap

Yay! I meant to do this today but by the time I got to it it was raining. :td

I did some yardwork today, vacuumed the whole house and re-arranged the furniture in my bedroom.

I also tried to re-arrange some living room furniture, but instead I dropped the TV and broke it, but that is another post entirely. :O