PDA

View Full Version : Menstrual Migraines

AmyDoll
05-17-2005, 11:21 AM
I'm getting ready to start my 2nd PPAF & I have a migraine! My head is killing me :banghead It seems to start behind my right eye and have pressure points all the way down to my toes.
I woke up this morning with it and threw-up. :sick2 I took a pregnancy test, not pregnant. I've taken tylenol and advil, had a cup of coffee and a coke (caffiene) and nothing has helped yet! I can't have a dibiltating headache like this once a month!
My sister is here today helping me with Sam but I feel soooooo sooooo rotten.

Any thoughts?

xoox amy

Punkie
05-17-2005, 11:47 AM
For my really bad ones, only Imitrex will help it. :(

Mine are just like you describe, except I also get halos and loss of periphery vision. Try drinking a lot of water, and if you can sleep and be in a dark quiet room, sometimes that helps. Also, a visit to the hot tub or a warm bath can sometimes relax my pressure points enough to make it bearable.

I've heard that cod liver oil can help prevent them, so I just bought some CLO pills...

cobluegirl
05-17-2005, 12:46 PM
I take homeopathic Sulpher for migranes..and menstral time is the only time I have gotten them....stupid hormones...lol

GodChick
05-17-2005, 01:07 PM
for my really bad ones only imitrex helps. but if they're not too bad, motrin and benadryl. (the benedryl does something to cause constriction to help w/ vascular headaches.) :think hmmm.....okay, thats not a natural health remedy, is it? (look at the forum name, michele! :O) oh, well, any ideas can be useful when youve got a migraine, right? :hug2

Mollycurls
05-17-2005, 06:33 PM
:hug I've got no advice, but have been there too many times to count. When somebody finds something more natural than imitrex that works let me know ;)

boonpnutsmom
05-17-2005, 06:41 PM
Dolomite - a combination of magnesium and calcium won't stop one but it can prevent them.

Punkie
05-18-2005, 07:45 AM
Naproxen takes mine away too - that's the same as Aleve, but much stronger. I'm just scared of it now :P

AmyDoll
05-19-2005, 08:43 PM
Ladies, I thought it was bc of AF, but she still hasn't arrived? :think Why do the first signs of pregnancy have to be the same as an impending visit from Flo?

If only I was charting!!

Thanks for all the advice -

I take homeopathic Sulpher for migranes

Will a health food store have Sulpher? Will it say how much to take?

Dolomite - a combination of magnesium and calcium won't stop one but it can prevent them.

I don't really get an aura before it starts, but if I find that I'm getting them consistently before my period, I might try this. Can I find it at a health food store & how much should I take and when??

Thanks!!!!

Amy

cobluegirl
05-19-2005, 11:15 PM
yes a health food store will carry Sulpher...but it will be the homeopathic remedies..you only need to take probably 3 little pellats...take as soon as you feel one coming on.

boonpnutsmom
05-20-2005, 02:12 AM
I take the Dolomite daily as part of my normal supplements. I get it from www.carolbond.com

http://www.carolbond.com/prodinfo.asp?number=005&variation=&aitem=1&mitem=1

I take 4 tablets in the morning and 4 in the evening. It is safe to take while, nursing and it SAVED my life while pregnant.

This is a Christian company too and I have gotten the majority of my supplements for them for almost 10 years.