PDA

View Full Version : I'm in love....

Abinsmom
05-17-2005, 11:16 AM
It's official -- I'm in love with my new dishwasher! I had to pay the installer $200 (ouch!), but I ran it for the first time last night and it's so quiet, you don't even know it's on! I LOVE it! Did I mention the dishwasher we had was 9 years old and sounded like a helicopter was going to land in our kitchen? We couldn't even talk on the phone when the old d/w was on, it was so obnoxious! AND, the new d/w has hidden buttons so nothing on the front for the kids to interfere with! AND, the silverware has it's own rack that slides out above the rack for glasses -- no more silverware in the door! Woo hoo!

I guess it's pretty pathetic that I'm so excited about a new appliance -- I must be getting old...

Gretchen
05-17-2005, 11:18 AM
Sounds great! I love appliances, too. :hearts :mrgreen

Gretchen

Mamaka
05-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Oooooh, sounds excellent. What kind is it? (ask by the woman who would LOVE a new d/w but does NOT have the $$$ for it)

Abinsmom
05-17-2005, 01:14 PM
It's a Miele. It was kinda pricey ($1500), but sooooo worth it. We've been looking for a bigger house for about 2 years and have never found something we like better than our little house on a wonderful greenbelt in a great neighborhood, so the compromise was that I got to overhaul the kitchen (our house is 9 years old, and the appliances were builder-grade). We tried to go 'value' on all the appliances except the dishwasher (I insisted on splurging there since we use it so much!).

If you're shopping for a d/w, ours is a Miele Incognito G843SCVi. We didn't custom fit our cabinets, just got the stainless steel door with the non-tubular handle. It's amazingly quiet -- you wouldn't even know it's on if not for the indicator light! I just LOVE it!

tree_hugger
05-18-2005, 02:08 AM
I guess it's pretty pathetic that I'm so excited about a new appliance -- I must be getting old...

Nope, I'm 23 and that would turn me on! :)

TulipMama
05-18-2005, 06:29 AM
*grin*

I'm so happy for you!

I totally understand about appliances.

When we were in Kyiv, I only knew about 4 people with dishwashers. Ours was the largest--and was half the size of a standard one here. I ran it 3-4 times a day and looooooooooved having a dishwasher. It was such a sanity saver.

I'm tickled that in our new place in the States I have a big dishwasher, a big washing machine AND a big dryer. Woohoo! Living still takes works, but I like having my "handmaidens" to help me. Makes me feel more Proverbs 31ish. . .

OneSillyMommy
05-18-2005, 01:52 PM
oh that sounds soooo nice. We got a new dishwasher about 6 months ago, and it's not working :cry Sears whirlpool, :hissyfit it just stopped cleaning things, even the soap doesn't come out of the dispenser during it's cycle, and though it's under waranty still, i have been waiting 2 weeks for the sear authorized repair person, the appointment is next tues. :banghead I am soooo tired of washing em by hand with our big family. I even broke down and bought paper plates. and i never buy paper stuff, heck i've been washing cloth diapers for almost 5 years straight. Wish we'd bought a nicer one that actually works.

cannuke
05-18-2005, 01:56 PM
I totally understand! :highfive

We have a Bosch and it's great - quiet and it washes anything we throw in there.