PDA

View Full Version : Easy Doubling Suggestions? - Bumkins

4LovesMom
05-17-2005, 08:57 AM
I just started using Bumkins on my almost 2-yo dd. She just wets through so quickly. I know I can't let her go all day or anything, but especially in the nighttime, what easy ideas does anyone have? I already spent our budget on new stuff to get her going, as well as to supplement my system for our new baby. I tried using extra flannel layers in her diaper last night but she was still overflowing this morning. The diaper is sized right, but something must help!

GrowingInGrace
05-17-2005, 02:37 PM
I would try a mix of flannel and terry or sherpa for doublers. Mixing fabrics increases the absorbancy and both terry (not stretch) and sherpa are THIRSTY! flannel is a good wicker and will direct the pee there rather than out on the clothes.

Moon
05-17-2005, 03:53 PM
My favorite combo for heavy soaking is hemp with a cotton layer against baby. Hemp is more absorbant than cotton but for instant gushes it doesn't soak up super fast, the cotton touching it takes care of that part. Watch the Little Lambs seller on ebay, they have auctions constantly, you can pick up some hemp trifolds or some already sewn into a doubler/stuffer shape fairly cheap. I'd put a piece of flannel or a wipe on top of it.

2sunshines
05-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Yep, I like hemp doublers. I also use cotton ones succesfully.

I know you said your budget was gone already, but if you ever are able to purchase more diapers, I would definitely consider buying a different diaper for nighttime use. I like bumkins but only use them for shorter periods of time because they are not too absorbent.