PDA

View Full Version : Who has a small simple stash

milkmommy
05-17-2005, 12:04 AM
Do you love it? What would you change?
I'm simple I have 18 wonderoos stuffed with a blue microfiber towels from SAMS club I bought 10 from Gals here on GCM and 8 from montana's diaper store. I also have one happy hiney (also a GCM mommy gift :heart) . I have some prefolds that I mostly use as changing pads and of course my wipes. I'd like a few more happy hineys for the sitter but I'm happy with the simplicty we have.
I cringe when I think of how many other things I tried first. :blush

Deanna

Havilah
05-17-2005, 05:19 AM
TBH, I have a stormy relationship with CD. I don't really like it but I feel it's best for a number of reasons. I'm really jealous of all of you who really *enjoy* using cloth :O

In my quest to like cloth I've tried a pretty wide variety of options. I've finally settled on a stash of Fuzzi Bunz and that's all I use. I might like other pockets just as well, but FB is the only pocket I've ever used. I have 15 mediums and 4 larges and stuff them with flats, mostly, with a few WAHM hemp joeys and infant prefolds. It's tres simple :)

I'm about to need to size up and I can't decide between the Petite Toddlers and the Larges. I'm procrastinating, and hoping he'll grow into the larges while I wait ;)

Moon
05-17-2005, 08:36 AM
I don't now but I have in the past. :-) My first two kiddos wore nearly all prefolds, this guy started out with all prefolds, I slowly built up to the stash he has now (mostly fitteds and wool, dozen or so AIOs/pockets). I admit to being one of those who loves cding. :grin

KoalaMommy
05-17-2005, 08:11 PM
I mostly use pre-folds with wonderoos at night. I have maybe 4 dozen pre-folds and 7 wonderoos. I use wonderfuls with an additional (newborn size) diper stuffed in the wonderoo, that's keeping dd from leaking for now. I love my pre-folds and my wonderoos. I don't feel a need for a more complicated stash.

Keiko
05-18-2005, 07:36 AM
I use prefolds with a variety of homemade covers and pull-on pants. I :heart the fact that they dry so fast, plus there's just nothing like a load of prefolds drying on the clothesline. Makes me feel domestic :)

Stacey

Radosny Matka
05-18-2005, 12:53 PM
I guess I do. Ds#1 has about 8 homemade pocket diapers with prefolds that we use for nightimes and poo (still won't poo in toilet :rolleyes). My baby has about 30 homemade pocket diapers with homemade cotton and hemp stuffers. And no, I wouldn't change it. This system works great for us!

wuzzie
05-18-2005, 05:30 PM
TBH, I have a stormy relationship with CD. I don't really like it but I feel it's best for a number of reasons. I'm really jealous of all of you who really *enjoy* using cloth :O

In my quest to like cloth I've tried a pretty wide variety of options. I've finally settled on a stash of Fuzzi Bunz and that's all I use. I might like other pockets just as well, but FB is the only pocket I've ever used. I have 15 mediums and 4 larges and stuff them with flats, mostly, with a few WAHM hemp joeys and infant prefolds. It's tres simple :)

I'm about to need to size up and I can't decide between the Petite Toddlers and the Larges. I'm procrastinating, and hoping he'll grow into the larges while I wait ;)
The peties are the same size as the mediums in the waiste and the same in the rise as the larges, if that helps at all.

Havilah
05-18-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks :) My dilemma is that he's perfect for a PT now, but I don't know how long he'll stay that way. I don't want to buy PT's right before a growth spurt... where the heck is my crystal ball? :think We're making do with the mediums now, though they fit him like a pair of speedos :giggle

Kingskid
05-18-2005, 07:05 PM
I am so new to CDing and have just nine fitted Kissaluvs and Snapdragons. I am selling them on the Swap board, though, as I need to size up and this is going to be my last child (well, I think so). :) I'm looking into maybe some AIO, but haven't yet decided. So, in the meantime, I'm using sposies. I also should admit that I am only a PT CDer and use sposies at nightime and when we go out. I :heart using cloth wipes, though, and have a large stash of those. I use them for covering the peeper during dipe changes, washing his sweet little face and of course cleaning the hiney.

Can't wait to try some different types of dipes!

godsgracegiven
05-19-2005, 02:02 AM
I use too, I had 24 prefolds and 20 or so Proraps. :) I have since given away my wraps and used all my prefolds as floor rags. Well, besides, some precut fleece and wool I have stashed in my closet for the next baby. :)

milkmommy
05-19-2005, 07:26 AM
Thanks :) My dilemma is that he's perfect for a PT now, but I don't know how long he'll stay that way. I don't want to buy PT's right before a growth spurt... where the heck is my crystal ball? :think We're making do with the mediums now, though they fit him like a pair of speedos :giggle

My DD went into a PT at 13 months and she at 2.5 still wears then really well, I passed them on to another mom a month or so again but not because of lack of fit, HTH

Deanna

Havilah
05-19-2005, 08:11 AM

bliss
05-19-2005, 01:32 PM
Fairly small and uber-simple here - 2 doz. prefold (1 Gerber DSQ, I homade from receiving blankets) some secondhand 49 cent a piece prowraps and some vinyl and nylon pull on pants. Simple has been cheaper for us and satisfactory. . .Turkeybird is rashy, so I change him so frequently that high absorbancy is not an issue - I change him before he has a chance to leak. We are happy with "pins and pants".

mandyrberry
05-20-2005, 10:17 AM
Well, i used to have a very diverse stash for the girls. i had lots of different kinds and loved to switch i around. they were all girly though and i sold them. now i have 2 doz pre-folds and a few bummis sww and 2 bumpkins print covers. I have one AIO that i love but cant find any more any where on line. it is a Poochies AIO . When Dh get s a job i will try to get some more cool diapers.

Mother of Sons
05-20-2005, 10:24 AM
I like variety so I have alot of different kinds but if I wasn't going to EC and if I had to narrow it down to one kind, I'd use CPF's and cute covers.

Peregrinata
05-20-2005, 10:47 AM
I'm pretty new and slow to post, but I CD and thought this would be an easy topic to say hi in!

My little Birdie is 11 months and our staple is still prefolds and simple wraps. About 2 dozen infant and one dozen premiums and 5 wraps--bummis and pro-waprs. I did break down and buy one pink prowrap and a sugarpeas wool cover (I would *love* to do more wool, but that might take away the cost benefit to CDing!!!) and we use mostly fuzzibunz at night--we have a grand total of 4.

Works for us, but boy do we get some strange looks when I have to change her when we are out--particularly when we grab those pins!!

milkmommy
05-20-2005, 01:07 PM
Works for us, but boy do we get some strange looks when I have to change her when we are out--particularly when we grab those pins!!

Welcome and I totally get what your saying but I'm bad for the longest time I would deliberately take prefolds and pins out just to say see look what I can do :giggle. I know bad bad me :eek

Deanna

OnlyBelieve
05-24-2005, 05:58 AM
This is simple .... 18 prefolds, 2 bummis, 1 fleece cover, 2 snappis.

Embracing Grace
05-24-2005, 06:13 AM
Pretty simple here too: Two dozen pre-folds and bummis wraps. We use a snappi with ours. We also have two FB and two HH, but pre-folds are our fave. :-)