PDA

View Full Version : Banana stains

Hannah Jo
05-17-2005, 12:01 AM
OK- I hope this isn't a stupid question. Please don't laugh. I've never been much of a laundry person...

My little monkey loves bananas, but now many of his clothes have brown stains on them that don't come out. Is there a trick to removing them?

Mothering by Heart
05-17-2005, 08:19 AM
For some reason, bananas are one of the worst stainers :td I used to use a stain remover called Easy Wash, but it is not available here anymore. That worked pretty well. I know some moms also swore by something from Amway, but I can't remember the name. Enzyme something?

MagnoliaMommy
05-17-2005, 08:24 AM
I was just wondering about this myself! :think
I am going to try to bleach dd's onsies, but I am not too hopeful.

MarynMunchkins
05-17-2005, 08:32 AM
OxiClean. :tu Use the hottest water you can get, and soak everything for a couple hours. It takes it right out. :)

Meat tenderizer will work too. Just make a paste and let it sit.

blessedwithboys
05-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Definatly oxiclean! I have a little bucket in the laundry room with oxyclean in it (it sits on the dryer so ds can't fall in). After ds eats then I just throw the bibs/icky clothes/face washcloths in the bucket and wash them about every 3 days. It works great! As long as you throw them in immediatly the oxiclean mix dosen't have to be hot (It does though if the stain is "set in"). It also gets out sweet potato and amazingly enough, it gets out gentian violet! :-)