PDA

View Full Version : yeastie beasties

Moon
05-16-2005, 10:39 PM
I swear all I have to do is look at sugar while pregnant and the yeast infection pounces :hissyfit With probiotics and drinking gobs of water and refusing to even glance at hub's sodas I've gotten it under control again, for now. It's something I've had to deal with every pregnancy I've had though and I fully expect it back a few times before I'm done incubating this one (4 months left). What are some things I can do to ward off more problems? :shrug

Garnet
05-17-2005, 06:41 AM
Eat more yougurt, keep your body temp regulated as well as you can, stay cool "down there", use powder to keep too much moisture from forming, or wear pads or liners. You can even apply plain yougurt ( no flavoring, just plain) to that area, and leave it for a while, just wear a liner or pad to catch the mess. My grandma swears by this, she used to have the same problem when pregnant. She ate a 8 oz cup of yougurt everyday, and applied it to that area when she felt the itch coming on. Its better than using antibiotics constantly.

mykidsmom
05-17-2005, 08:23 AM
Its better than using antibiotics constantly.

And antibiotics make the yeast grow even more. Strongly advise against antibiotics. :)

Leslie
05-17-2005, 09:06 AM
You might look at Candex, a product that's safe to use even during pregnancy. And probiotics are good, the more, the better, they say.

The diet they usually recommend for candida/yeast is close to Atkins--lean protein (meat) and lots of low-starch vegetables.

I'm trying to deal with candida on a raw diet. I seem to do fine until I eat dried fruit and nuts, which are what all the desserts are made of.