PDA

View Full Version : Ways to get fiber?

This Busy Mom
05-16-2005, 10:28 PM
I had NO gluten today... I feel SO MUCH BETTER already. :woohoo :woohoo . I don't feel all bloated and weird. If I could get the little one to sleep, I'd even go make some gf bread.

One of the problems I had when watching the carbs, too, was getting constipated (sorry, tmi, I know). I can't go there... what could I add in?? Ground flax seed? I saw something being promoted on a site for IBS... ground Acacia??

I don't have any of the acacia. I do have ground flax seed. I'm going to see if that helps.

4LovesMom
05-17-2005, 10:07 AM
I used the ground flaxseed (2 TBS per day at least) and it helped a lot with my same problems! Also added almonds and more fruit. Honestly, those all helped - but cutting dairy out COMPLETELY seems to have really cured any remaining issues I had. I don't know what other diet issues you have (you just mentioned the gluten and carbs), so I'm not sure this helps, but at the very least I can endorse the flaxseed.

This Busy Mom
05-17-2005, 11:04 AM
I haven't gotten all the testing done, but it's looking like I have celiac's disease and I suffer from proctitis, which really flairs up when I'm stressed. I found before I knew about the gluten issue that avoiding carbs helped IMMENSELY... but I'd get constipated, which would make things worse the next time it'd flair up (from me not watching what I was eating).

We'll see.

cobluegirl
05-17-2005, 12:43 PM
you might try using acidophilus in big doses for the constipation....which has to do with your gut and the probiotics are what replaces the good bacteria in your gut....anyway..it works well for kids...try it. Also high doses of Vit C will clear you out.

This Busy Mom
05-17-2005, 06:35 PM
I was checking out the probiotic info the other day... I'll check it out again later... but then there's the $$ issue :rolleyes (ain't got none).

crunchymum
05-18-2005, 03:38 PM
any fruits and vegetables have pretty good fiber in them... as well and beans.

allisonintx
05-18-2005, 06:13 PM
Chlorophyll added to juice daily will keep things moving.