PDA

View Full Version : dh put the window a/c in

ArmsOfLove
05-16-2005, 06:55 PM
Or: Why it's 80 degrees in my house :rolleyes

I bought this window a/c MONTHS ago and dh FINALLY put it in tonight. Of course it's muggy and 101 degrees today so when he had the kitchen window open the entire time he was putting it in the house heated up. So it's currently 80 degrees in my house and I'm miserable :neutral Babies are miserable. :neutral :neutral Children are miserable :neutral :neutral :neutral

It's cooling down and dh is putting the kids in a cool bath.

I'm grateful for the reprieve we've had in the temperature this year. I'm NOT looking forward to the heat that we're about to endure :doh (that's me wiping sweat from my brow :P )

DogwoodMama
05-16-2005, 06:57 PM
Wow... you live in Arizona and don't have central air? I can't even imagine! :eek Praying for cool breezes to head your way!

Havilah
05-16-2005, 07:02 PM
It's so miserable to be hot! I'm glad he got it put in, though :)

tree_hugger
05-16-2005, 08:33 PM
We just finished our first summer with air con. It makes such a difference to your quality of life! :tu

ArmsOfLove
05-16-2005, 09:30 PM
We live in a house that was built in 1942. We have *central air* in that we have a large air conditioner on the roof and it blows cold air into our house. There are exactly four vents--into the hall bathroom, the playroom, the bedroom, and the living room. There is no vent into the master bath, the 3rd bedroom, the dining room, or the kitchen--which is sweltering during July and August so much so that I could NOT go in the room when I was pg :( :sick2 So I told dh that before this summer took off we needed a window a/c in the kitchen ! It was so nice to be in there this evening--I just stood in front of the cold air :mrgreen Now I just need ceiling fans for the playroom and 3rd bedroom and a fan that circulates the kitchen air through the dining room ;)

poetmom
05-17-2005, 04:57 AM
Crystal...we need to swap lives, mama!! I am longing for the time when Amy graduates HS and Barry and I pack up and head back to AZ....how would you feel about living in Ohio? :lol

OnlyBelieve
05-17-2005, 07:16 AM
I could not imagine living there without really good ac. Have you read the articles on Laine's Letters about how she manages in Cali without ac? Might give you a few ideas to make everyone comfortable.

doubleblessings
05-17-2005, 08:46 AM
I am glad it is getting better. I have went through a couple of summers in West Texas with no A/C and I can relate. Not pleasant. We got a new a/c last summer. Our old one was 29 yrs old and we were afraid it would go out with me being 9 months pregnant or with 2 newborns in the house. It is so nice to have a good A/C.

Punkie
05-17-2005, 09:05 AM
Wow, and I couldn't believe that many people live here in Colorado Springs without central air! Our hottest month still only averages 83 or 84 degrees :P

We're debating whether we are going to count our pennies and install central air, or live like the natives and just open the windows ;) Since we haven't been through a summer, we have no idea what to do...

Our A/C broke for about a week when I was pregnant in Florida. It was August and I have never been so miserable (well, except after hurricanes, when its hot, muggy, and there's no power for anything else :P )

Hopefully it'll cool off soon - I'll send you some chilly vibes ~~~~~~

righteous mama
05-17-2005, 09:16 AM
We lived without central air in Fullerton. It was so hot. We had a tiny window in our bedroom and I was afraid to leave it open because it was very near two colleges...and we had some problems with weirdos in the area. So, the wall air conditioner was in the living room. I remember on more than one occasion at like two in the morning, dh and I dragging our mattress into the living room to sleep on the floor in there.

I also remember living in Tustin, hugely pregnant with Mary, and on the phone to the electric company in heavy sobs asking if they had a plan for pregnant women 'cause our bill was too high. I was so hot that I had the air down to like 50 degrees.

:tu Crystal! I'm praising God for your window air conditioner and handy dh with you!