PDA

View Full Version : willow/garlic ear oil anyone?

Lantern Light Mama
05-16-2005, 04:33 PM
Ds has an ear infection. The Doctor gave him Zyrtec but I wanted to try something else to help his body to fight the infection itself first. So we got Ear Support (Herbs for Kids) and I am going to give it a try. Has anyone had success with this type of oil?

Also I put him on Kidzyme. We are starting out at the lowest dose to see how his body reacts first. It is supposed to help improve digestion and his digestive track is very slow, so I am hoping well see some results in a few days, and I would love to get him off of all of these medications.

Also are there any herbal supplements to help with children with asthma or is filling them full of steriods and albuterol the only option?

He does not have any known dietary allergies, so we know dairy isn't his problem anymore that triggers the asthma. It is also not animals.

Any information would be very helpful.:)

ArmsOfLove
05-16-2005, 05:04 PM
the ear oil is awesome :tu

when you say no known allergies so dairy isn't the asthma problem is that because of traditional allopathic allergy testing? That doesn't always reveal a dairy sensitivity if it's not a classic allergy, and even if it's not the *cause* many recommend giving up dairy because it is mucous producing. Not saying you have to or it will definately work ;) but I've heard lots of testimonials about it so I thought I'd share :)

Lantern Light Mama
05-16-2005, 06:08 PM
We tried giving up dairy for awhile, but he is so picky he wouldn't hardly eat anything. :cry It was very frustrating for him and for us. He is on another finicky streak again, not wanting to eat and all so he's probably backed up pretty bad.
I do limit his dairy intake though. Sometimes it is like one little tumbler of milk a day, and sometimes I will let him have cheese, but never both at the same time. I wish I knew how to make him better.

He had a traditional allergy test and he has had the blood allergy test for milk in the past. They both show up negative every time. :shrug We have tried tradtional medications/milk free/ no processed foods/miralax/enemas/luctolax, and benefiber and acidolophus. It never seems to correct the issue. He has another appointment on the 24th and im so tired of them giving us drugs for him because they don't help.

cobluegirl
05-16-2005, 09:16 PM
We use the ear oil too. Works wonders. In fact dd woke up yesterday morning around 6 crying because her ear hurt so bad...never complaine before this about it...I gave her some ear oil, some chamomile homeoapathic remedy (this is her remedy for EI's, she has had them before) and then a little bit later some advil because she was in so much pain...within 45 mins her ear popped and drained all day yesterday. She was asleep and slept till 10:30 woke up fine...said today and yesterday that her ear didn't hurt anymore..