PDA

View Full Version : Canadian sources- HELP!!

mamaKristin
05-15-2005, 09:56 PM
Ok, I'm going to do it. We are going to CD, finally. Now that we finally have our own, unshared, non-coin laundry. :tu Also, thanks to Cannuke for giving me the nudge I needed today to take the plunge. :highfive

Now the problem is this...I live in the middle of nowhere Canada (really, I think that's what the map says!) I want to get my hands on a variety of diapes so I can figure out what I like best. Anyone know any sources for diapes in Canada with low shipping? Stuff from the US is so pricey for shipping and duty, and I want to try out a couple of sources...and there is NOTHING here. Really nothing. Nothing at all...even Wal Mart is a 2 hour drive! I'm just so not sure where to start...HELP!

Hannah Jo
05-15-2005, 10:35 PM
Hi,

I'm not in Canada now, but I bought my diapers in Vancouver at Absolutely Dipers (its name seems to have changed to Hip Baby). I searched all over the place, and that seemed to be the cheapest place in Vancouver. They have tons of choices and the staff were very knowledgable and helpful. They have package deals, and I walked out of the store with 3 dozen chinese prefolds, liners, 5 covers, a diaper pail and some other knick knacks for under 200 dollars Canadian. Here's their link, I looked at shipping and it's only 12 dollars for orders under 150. It seems like a lot of money at first, but we must go through a hundred diapers a week, so it's worth it.

http://www.hipbaby.com/

Also, consider getting used diapers. I found a bunch of nice ones with cute designs for about a dollar each. Probably wouldn't cost that much through Canada Post.

kris10s
05-16-2005, 04:55 AM
www.jamtots.com is in canada! I know others are too...

http://www.thebabymarketplace.com/

ChristineG
05-22-2005, 05:42 AM
Way to go on your decision! I think you will love cloth diapering. :heart I am in Canada! I make great, hemp fitted diapers. My website is in my signature if you would like to visit.

Shipping costs are a problem. It drives me crazy to charge people for shipping. My diapers are extremely trim, but even I am unable to squish one diaper flat enough to make them go as lettermail, which means that they have to go as a parcel, which means a minimum of $6 for shipping. I absorb a little of this, but most WAHMs just can't absorb much more. For most of us, our businesses are just for fun, to help people to cloth diaper, and to cover the basic costs of their businesses. I wish so much that I could just give free shipping because I think that it does stop people from wanting to try products from anyplace.

Anyway, good luck in your cd adventure! You will love it and feel so good every time you take a nice, fresh load of diapers out of the wash...diapers that you didn't throw out!! :)

cannuke
05-22-2005, 08:59 AM
Way to go! :highfive I'm glad that you made the decision.

I went out yesterday and bought 23 metres of diaper flannel (am I nuts or what?) and now I just have to decide on what pattern to use. My MIL is going to come out and help, so that should be easier on my back!

Christine, I'll PM you with another question.

Moon
05-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Baby Bear Diapers (http://babybeardiapers.com/store/) is from Canada.

mamaKristin
05-22-2005, 08:21 PM
Thank you all so much for the great info! I've done some ordering...more to come! :highfive