PDA

View Full Version : Would you eat these??

butterflyqueen71
05-15-2005, 03:29 PM
Ok, so I just made my 2nd batch ever of "no bake" cookies. (I know, totally not healthy, but they sure taste good! :yum) Anyway the first batch was "ok"...dry, and not as peanut buttery as I'd like. Plus I forgot the vanilla that the recipe called for. So this time, I decided to use a little more pb, a little more cocoa, and I added the vanilla...and a little more milk.

Well, this time, they taste just like I want them, but...they're really goooeeey! :eek They barely got hard, and they kind of "peel" off the foil I laid them out on. They're formed, and just barely stay together when you take them off the foil. :rolleyes I debated on just throwing them out and trying again, but they do taste good. :yum Would you eat them? That's a lot of oatmeal to waste, kwim? :mrgreen

jujubnme
05-15-2005, 03:34 PM
I'd eat 'em! As long as they taste good, who cares if they're extra gooey. Of course, I'd eat peanut butter and chocolate chips by dipping them with my fingers. :O :yum :cup :cookie

tree_hugger
05-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Of course I would! :yum

Mother of Sons
05-15-2005, 05:26 PM
I would eat them!

ArmsOfLove
05-15-2005, 08:22 PM
shoot yeah I'd eat them :P~ It's not like you're serving them at a fancy tea or anything :grin

butterflyqueen71
05-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Well, I put them in the fridge to see if they'd harden up a bit more, and Yippee!!! Now they don't fall apart when I go to pick them up, lol!

And can I just say, :yum :yum :yum! :mrgreen

They taste really good cold!

Singingmom
05-15-2005, 08:43 PM
Use a spoon if you have to! :grin

Beyond Blessed
05-15-2005, 08:46 PM
Use a spoon if you have to!

I was about to say the same thing!! ;) Yummmmmmm...those are my kids favorite cookies! Hmmm...maybe buying some oats tomorrow!

butterflyqueen71
05-15-2005, 09:40 PM
So what is it that makes them gooey like that? My friend told me you have to boil them for just the right length of time, which I did each time. Maybe I used too much milk and that made it too "liquidy"? Any tips on good no bake cookies? :shrug

RealLifeMama
05-16-2005, 05:31 AM
You betcha!!!!!!!
I would never let perfectly yummy PB and chocolate go to waste!!!
Use a spoon, freeze them, mix into ice cream, whatever.
Yum!